Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools :
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years - that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our current regions an d new launches in Tampa Bay , FL (2021) , and Jacksonville, FL (2022) !
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video
. About the Rio Grande Valley:
Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a school of 150 students in Donna, TX, to the fastest- growing family of tuition-free, public charter schools in the United States. In the Rio Grande Valley, we are a nucleus of four counties (Cameron, Hidalgo, Starr and Willacy Counties) that work as one unit to support our children academically and holistically.
RGV is home to a population of just over 1.3 million residents. Children across the region truly benefit from IDEA's mission of college for all, as only 1 out of 17 students currently graduate college ready. Our mission holds true as we have over 5,000 IDEA alumni that currently attend, or have graduated from, 300 colleges and universities across the country.
Join our passionate team of changemakers in south Texas as we prepare to expand our home region to 55 schools, serving over 38,000 students in 2022.Role Mission:
Job Coach(es) for THRIVE at IDEA Toros will help young adults in the 18+ program learn, accommodate, and perform work and daily living duties. Working with young adults in small groups, Job Coach(es) will utilize Teacher assessments outlining young adults strengths and needs to assist the teacher in determining the tasks assigned to each individual in the 18+ program. Job Coach(es) will work with young adults in the classroom and at the jobsite; ensuring what is taught in the classroom is transferred to actual skills at the job site, providing on the spot feedback and assistance to the young adult(s). Job Coach(es) will also teach Industry Based Certifications through IDEA's partnership with South Texas College and ensure all instruction is tailored to the students' level of rigor.Accountabilities:
Ensure successful implementation of transitional experiences so 100% of enrolled young adults meet 90% of their annual IEP goals
- Collaborate with Teacher to develop real world opportunities aligned tostudent's IEP goals, which will allow authentic practice
- Read, analyze, and respond to IEP data tracking to prioritize the highest leverage next action steps
- Participate in highly effective data conversations with young adults, parents, and community stakeholders to increase young adult IEP, transition, and post-secondary outcomes
100% of Transitional Plans are implemented with fidelity
- Collaborate regularly with internal and external stakeholders (WFS, VR, STC, job-sites) to discuss individual transition plans and create action plans to keep the young adult on track
- Collaborate and communicate with young adults and their guardians regularly to track any interest or plan changes
90% of young adults who graduate from 18+ program will secure a job and/or enroll in a post-secondary program of their choice, which is also aligned to their strengths and interests
- Maintain 97.5% ADA for young adults enrolled in the program to maximize their ability to meet transition plan goals and outcomes
90% student retention from August to August (for students eligible to return)
- Young adults in the 18+ program will obtain at least 2 industry-based certifications through our partnership with South Texas College
- Partner with community business, which allow students to practice the skills gained through South Texas College industry-based trainings
- Train and allow young adults to regularly access and practice the utilization of public transportation
- Maintain strong partnerships with Work Force Solutions and Vocational Rehabilitation for alignment of services during the program and post-graduation
Live values of IDEA
- Build and maintain strong relationships with young adults and their care takers/guardians
- Ensure classroom and in the field job experiences are engaging, of interest, and meaningful experiences for young adults
- Provide community building opportunities between young adults in the program and Toros Students, such as Special Olympics Unified Sports
- Help in creating individualized retention plans for young adults that may consider not returning
- Believes and is committed to our mission: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Is driven by outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- Embodies IDEA's core values
- High School Diploma
- 48 college hours from an accredited college or university
- Proven track record of success in a professional setting
- Experience in classrooms setting
- Experience in classroom setting which served students with disabilities
- Trained to deliver Industry Based Certifications through South Texas College
- Compensation for this role is set at an hourly rate ranging between $14.11 for 0 years of experienceand $17.31.
- Hourly co-teachersearnings are paid out over a 12-month period
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.