Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools :
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years - that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our current regions an d new launches in Tampa Bay , FL (2021) , and Jacksonville, FL (2022) !
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video
. About the Rio Grande Valley:
Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a school of 150 students in Donna, TX, to the fastest- growing family of tuition-free, public charter schools in the United States. In the Rio Grande Valley, we are a nucleus of four counties (Cameron, Hidalgo, Starr and Willacy Counties) that work as one unit to support our children academically and holistically.
RGV is home to a population of just over 1.3 million residents. Children across the region truly benefit from IDEA's mission of college for all, as only 1 out of 17 students currently graduate college ready. Our mission holds true as we have over 5,000 IDEA alumni that currently attend, or have graduated from, 300 colleges and universities across the country.
Join our passionate team of changemakers in south Texas as we prepare to expand our home region to 55 schools, serving over 38,000 students in 2022. Role Mission:
In the spirit of ensuring our regional team members are highly skilled, have the tools they need to be successful, and the region is well represented in the community, we host a variety of trainings and events. The Training Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that all meeting logistics are high quality and allow maximum participant engagement. The Training Coordinator manages logistics, finances, and communication for all trainings and events hosted in the region. Accountabilities : 95% of trainings and eventsare rated high quality for logistics and communication management, both by training leader and by training participants.
95 % of training materials are provided on time and within other guidelines and expectations.
- All required materials for training are available, tested, and functional throughout the training (AV equipment, laptops, clickers, projectors, microphones, easels, markers, etc )
- Understands dietary needs and catering options and provides meals
- Manages all print or digital materials for trainings
- Sets up hotels and travel for trainings or events, as appropriate
- Manages calendar invitations and emails regarding training logistics
Manage regional training and events calendar, including dates, times, secured locations, and related contracts.
- Collaborate with training managers to acquire materials
- Manage print and set up of all materials
- Distribute materials, as appropriate, to session leaders and participants
Manage Business Office Functions for allevents, including but not limited to requisitions, p-card reconciliation, vendor management, traveland managing regional training budget appropriately.
- Collaborating across teams to identify trainings
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to identify locations and secure contracts, as appropriate.
- Meet internal and external deadlines for venues and other contracts.
We look for Team and Family who embody the followingvaluesand characteristics:
- Comply with business office policies for completing files, attend department trainings , as appropriate
- Maintain appropriate documentation for business office
- Meet all deadlines set by the Business Office
Believes and is committed to our missionand being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effectiveoutcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationshipsin order toachieve outcomes
- We believe in education asa professionand hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Strong communication
- Independent problem solving
- Flexibility and adaptive to change
- Ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders
Knowledge and Skills:
- Education: Bachelor's degree preferred, not required
- Experience : 1-2 years of administrative experienc e
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic AV or technology knowledge
Salaries for this role typically fall between $36,800 and $43,300, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.