Plan, implement, and evaluate the activities of the Publishing and Digital Learning Solutions department in support of the ESC’s mission and strategies
Texas teaching certificate or related appropriate certificate/licensure
1. Three years’ experience of campus administration, district central office, and/or experience at Region 4
2. Five years teaching experience
3. Experience developing and presenting professional development
Special Knowledge and Skills
1. Knowledge of best practices in technology integration, copy editing, digital instructional design including synchronous and asynchronous learning environments, and both print and digital publishing modalities and management
2. Skill in short and long-term planning, project management, tracking progress, analytical thinking, conceptual thinking, and adult learning design, including the strategic delivery and measurement of training impact
3. Demonstrated ability to build and maintain morale, set challenging goals and reach a high standard of performance despite barriers, demonstrate initiative and persistence, set clear expectations and hold others accountable for performance; act with a purpose that impacts and positively influences the perceptions, thinking, and actions of others; develop others through coaching, modeling, and providing feedback on performance
4. Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with both internal and external local, state and national partners that promote the building of professional learning networks and systems that support educators in re-engineering practices for digital learning and successful edtech integration
1. Doctoral degree
2. Mid-management or Supervisory Certificate
1. Supervise and lead all activities of the Publishing and Digital Learning Solutions department.
2. Provide visionary leadership to promote innovation and provide inspiration, support and direction to multi-functional department teams.
3. Ensure the functionality of the organizational product/project pipeline workflow to allow for efficiency of allocated time and resources so that products are developed on time and within projected specs.
4. Collaborate with other directors to communicate product/project status and collect feedback utilizing metrics from project management software; solicit stakeholder feedback regarding current/perceived barriers and engage in problem solving to identify and implement solutions.
5. Evaluate the quality and effectiveness of programs supervised and make recommendations for program revisions as indicated by analysis of collected data.
6. Direct the design and delivery of products and professional development related to the department, including the scheduling of professional development/coaching, and the production of projects, products and services.
7. Coordinate the effective communication of the Publishing and Digital Learning Solutions department activities with both internal and external customers
8. Facilitate collaborative efforts with other departments within the Center.
9. Lead programs and initiatives with the Texas Education Agency as appropriate to ensure compliance with statewide initiatives.
10. Maintain documentation of department activities to meet all internal programmatic and fiscal requirements and all requirements imposed by the Texas Education Agency.
11. Recommend budgets to the Deputy Executive Director of Instructional Services.
12. Provide technical assistance and services as specified by any applicable federal grant that funds this position.
Supervise all Publishing and Digital Learning Solutions personnel, including completing evaluations and conducting staff training.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors/ Mental Demands:
Frequent use of standard office equipment; prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting; repetitive hand motions (keyboarding and use of mouse); occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 20 pounds); may work prolonged and irregular hours; occasional statewide travel; work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under pressure.