Are you service oriented and enjoy working with financial information? Are you passionate about maintaining accurate financial data and completing timely financial schedules? If so, then Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) has the perfect opportunity for you.
Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) is an adult charter school that educates and prepares the diverse adult immigrant population of Washington, DC to become productive citizens and members of American society who give back to their family and community. When you join the team at CRIPCS you become part of a unique, performance-driven organization that's been ranked one of the top places to work in DC by the Washington Post for the last 3 years.
We are seeking a Staff Accountant who will be responsible for preparing on a timely basis, all monthly and year-end reconciliation schedules. The Staff Accountant will work closely with the Controller to ensure financial statements and any related financial schedules are free of misstatements and completed on a timely basis. Together the Staff Accountant and Controller work directly with Auditors during on-site fieldwork to ensure a smooth audit process.
- Perform all required monthly procedures related to, but not limited to, month-end close, year-end audit schedules, accounts receivables, cash receipts, bank account reconciliations, journal entries, and other account transactions.
- Responsible for entering cash receipts and all appropriate journal entries into the School's accounting system, Intaact.
- Completes all month end reconciliations using the School's closing tool, FloQast
- Reviews and recommends modifications to the accounting process and systems in order to streamline processes and optimal system usage.
- Responsible for all billing and the follow up of outstanding accounts receivables.
- Perform special projects and analysis as needed.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of three years experience or an appropriate combination of education and experience. Non-profit accounting experienced preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of GAAP and familiarity with accrual accounting
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven ability to apply analytical thought when addressing challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and take initiative as needed.
- Ability to consistently apply accounting acumen.
- Proven ability to handle sensitive information with discretion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with others.
- Support the School's mission and comfortably work with people from diverse backgrounds
Apply directly at Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School's career page. This position will be posted until April 26, 2019.