Provide professional development and services, develop products, and participate in special project activities in the areas accountability, turnaround services, leadership and migrant education program to support the ESC’s core purpose and strategic goals.
Texas Educator Certificate
1. Three years of experience in leadership position(s)
2. Three years in teaching experience 3. Experience developing and presenting professional development Special Knowledge and Skills 1. Knowledge of rules, policies, and procedures related to state and federal requirements 2. Knowledge of principal/leadership practices and requirements 3. Exemplary written and oral communication skills 4. Knowledge of basic technology tools (Microsoft suite)
1. Experience in bilingual/ESL or migrant education
2. Principal Certificate or equivalent
3. Bilingual Certification
4. ESL Certification
5. AEL Certification
6. T-TESS Certification
1. Develop, present, and facilitate effective professional development.
2. Collaborate with the Migrant team to support Region 4 districts and charters.
3. Develop products to support instruction and programming.
4. Provide technical assistance and customized services.
5. Provide leadership in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating professional development, services, and products in the areas of responsibility
6. Assist in planning and developing special project activities, e.g., grant proposals, interdepartmental services, demonstration sites, research studies, and other customer-based projects.
7. Assist with planning and implementation of ongoing needs assessment and services for Region 4 customer districts.
8. Participate in developing communication networks with Region 4 customer district personnel.
9. Engage in professional development to maintain knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
10. Participate in state level functions related to area(s) of responsibility.
11. Fulfill all Migrant grant and Bilingual /ESL state program requirements, as assigned.
12. Coordinate grants or contracted services between the ESC and local LEAs and the Texas Education Agency (TEA).
13. Provide technical assistance and services as specified by any applicable federal grant that funds this position.
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors/ Mental Demands:
Frequent use of standard office equipment; prolonged sitting; occasional bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting; repetitive hand motions (keyboarding and use of mouse); occasional light lifting and carrying (less than 20 pounds); may work prolonged and irregular hours; occasional statewide travel; work with frequent interruptions; maintain emotional control under pressure.