Job Goal: Provide assistance to Region 4 ESC staff and district personnel in the identification, acquisition and implementation of distance learning technology to improve instructional and administrative activities.
1. Bachelor’s degree from accredited college/university
1. Certifications required of current technologies used in education and/or commercial environments related to distance learning or integration of technology with distance learning
2. Quality Matters (QM) Certification
3. Zoom Administrator or other video conferencing hardware/software-based technology
1. Minimum of three years recent distance learning experience where video conferencing was the primary delivery mechanism vs. asynchronous/synchronous learning management system (LMS) delivery
2. Minimum of three or more years recent experience in developing courses in Blackboard
3. Minimum of three years recent K-12 teaching experience in which integration of technology was a major focus
4. Minimum of three or more years recent experience using virtual platforms for delivering pedagogy via remote technologies
Special Knowledge and Skills
1. Working knowledge of e-Rate and state/federal grant programs
2. Recent experience in applying for technology grants
3. Working proficiency in usage of tools for audio-visual (A/V), telecommunications, remote instruction delivery, and video conferencing
4. Working knowledge of hardware-based and software-based H.323 and H.264 technologies
5. Knowledge and proficient usage of instructional applications of computers and technology
6. Updated knowledge of standards and technologies related to distance learning (D/L) and practical educational implications.
7. Familiarity with current state TEKS standards related to scope and sequence as related to science, reading language arts, math, and social studies
8. Working knowledge of school district schedules related to testing and cloud-based applications
9. Working knowledge of the Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS) data in relation to grant applications
10. Proficient working knowledge of TriCaster and Roland mixers and audio/video setup for large scale events
1. Master’s degree
2. Knowledge of federal, state and local rules and regulations related to the implementation of distance learning in education
3. Working knowledge of e-Rate application process from both vendor and applicant perspectives
4. Knowledge of federal, state, local, and commercial resources for securing funding to promote distance learning
5. Excellent oral and written skills
6. Current SMART, Mimio, LoTi, Zoom administrator (or Polycom) certifications Major
1. Provide and demonstrate best practices for use of technology in daily activities.
2. Document technical aspects of technology implementations.
3. Provide leadership and subject matter expertise in the development, acquisition and implementation of D/L technologies to improve instruction
4. Create structured documentation for customers to pattern for best practices surrounding activities such as conferences, meetings, distance learning, and remote instruction.
5. Assist districts in developing new strategies for improving instruction through innovative implementations of technology or D/L.
6. Provide opportunities for potential funding sources and assist Region 4 ESC and member districts in securing funding for D/L and D/L related activities and technologies.
7. Demonstrate proficiency in D/L and related technologies by continuing to achieve and maintain related certifications.
8. Participate in required on-call rotational status for weekend, evening and holiday coverage.
9. Achieve and demonstrate proficiency in standards, technologies and tools related to D/L.
10. Facilitate collaborative work efforts to further Region 4 ESC activities and projects.
11. Work in a team environment as well as on individualized projects.
12. Conduct professional development sessions for adult learners that target the integration of technology in daily activities and classroom situations.
13. Provide technical assistance and services as specified by any applicable federal grant that funds this position.