Quest Preparatory Academy is a K-8 public charter school in Las Vegas, Nevada. Founded in 2008, Quest is one of the longest-standing and most racially and economically diverse charter schools in Nevada. We serve 500 students in grades K-8 across two campuses.
At Quest Preparatory Academy, we believe that every student and their success matters! We strive to cultivate a learning environment where students have optimal opportunities to grow and learn. Our vision is to provide a uniquely designed, academically rigorous, caring and nurturing learning experience in a tuition-free, public school setting. We are a close-knit community of teachers, leaders, and families, committed to providing our diverse student population with the high-quality educational experience that they deserve.
If you are willing to go the extra mile to ensure that all students maximize their potential, we encourage you to apply to join our team!
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Learning Strategist at Quest works to increase student achievement in literacy for students in Kindergarten through 3rd grade. The Learning Specialist is responsible for the following:
- Oversee the assessment of all kindergarten students within the first 30 days of the school year using the Brigance Screener III and MAP (optional) assessments
- Oversee the assessment of all students in Reading for grades 1-3 using the MAP assessments
- Monitor the development of progress monitoring plans for every student identified as “deficient” in reading
- Systematically monitor the progress of students identified as “deficient” in reading
- Oversee the assessment of all identified students during winter and spring benchmarks
- Ensure that parents and/or legal guardians are notified within 30 days of the determination that a K-3 student is struggling in the subject area of reading
- Ensure that parents and/or legal guardians approve of progress monitoring plans for struggling students
- Provide instruction and support for the parents and guardians of pupils who have been identified as struggling in the subject area of reading.
- Applying the values of urgency, rigor, and consistency to create a positive learning environment that promotes high expectations and provides opportunities for all students to experience success
- Maintaining positive, professional relationships with students, families, and colleagues
- Participating in before and after school traffic duty, lunch and recess duty, and other duties as assigned.
The Learning Strategist role at Quest is a full-time, salaried, 10-month position. Ideal candidates will have the following education and experience:
- Unwavering commitment to improving student outcomes
- Reflective practitioner who will do “whatever it takes” to move student achievement with a proven track record of student growth in content area(s)
- Demonstrate in-depth content knowledge, use of data-driven practices, and robust instructional strategies
- Knowledge of screening for and providing intervention for dyslexia
- Knowledge of the Nevada Academic Content Standards in the English Language Arts for grades K-3
- Experience successfully delivering feedback and coaching teachers on literacy
- Experience using student data to improve instruction concerning literacy
- Experience effectively implementing the Nevada Kids reading assessments: Brigance Screener III (K) and MAP K-3 reading assessments
- B.A./B.S. or M.A. degree in teaching from an accredited institution
- Be eligible for, or possess a Nevada Elementary Certified Teaching License (K-8)
- Two or more years of teaching experience teaching reading in grades K-3 in an urban environment preferred
HOW TO APPLY
Please click here to apply to the Learning Strategist position.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Quest is an equal opportunity employer. Quest does not knowingly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or national origin.