We believe that all children have a fundamental right to an excellent education.
Alpha Public Schools will ensure that all of our scholars develop the academic skills and leadership habits required to succeed in college and live with integrity.
Associate Director of Talent Acquisition, Talent Team
Do you thrive when building strong relationships and working in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment? Are you excited about finding great talent, problem solving through hard-to-hire roles, and leading the recruitment process and strategy across all roles in the organization?
If so, Alpha’s Associate Director, Talent Acquisition role may be just what you’re looking for. In this role and as a member of our Talent Team, you will build and drive Alpha’s annual recruitment strategic plan, using data to improve the sourcing and selection processes along the way. You will be a key player in ensuring the best talent joins us on our mission!
What you’ll do…
- Promote Alpha’s staff culture, mindsets, and values with all candidates and internally as an enthusiastic ambassador of the organization
- Own accountability for all key recruitment metrics, as determined in partnership with the Director of Talent
- Create an annual sourcing strategy, plan, and targets that align with Alpha’s recruitment needs and broader talent strategy
- Craft and implement a candidate cultivation strategy that develops the talent acquisition team’s ability to convert the best prospects into committed candidates
- Conduct interviews and cultivation meetings to understand candidates’ fit with Alpha Public Schools and with specific open positions
- Deepen the talent acquisition team’s relationship and trust with hiring managers, positioning yourself as a trusted, go-to resource
- Provide coaching and thought partnership to hiring managers on the cultivation and matriculation plan for each candidate and new hire
- Partner with all School Operations Managers to ensure a seamless candidate interview experience
- Manage Alpha’s applicant tracking system (ATS) from both a strategic and tactical perspective, with fluency in all day-to-day ATS functionality and the ability to leverage the ATS to drive efficiency and results
- Network aggressively and proactively to cultivate and sustain key relationships and open new recruitment channels
- Manage and collaborate closely with Alpha’s Talent Acquisition Associate to effectively “divide and conquer” ownership of all open positions and candidates and to develop the professional growth of the Talent Acquisition Associate
- Attend key national, regional, and local recruitment events such as career fairs, conferences, panel discussions, and networking events
You stand out by being...
- A spirited problem solver: You have a “can-do” attitude in the face of adversity and enjoy problem solving creatively and relentlessly through thorny, unexpected challenges
- A capable project manager: You are a backwards planner who can break down large projects into an actionable plan with defined milestones and metrics, and you embrace the responsibility that all deliverables are timely and of high quality
- Data-driven and action-oriented: You rely on data to improve your practice and inform next steps, and you balance that desire to collect data with a bias for action that ensures we are always moving forward with a strong sense of urgency
- A dedicated relationship builder: You create strong connections with stakeholders at all levels (prospects, candidates, hiring managers, school leaders, your Talent Team teammates, Alpha’s Executive Team, and external partners) and you build a collaborative, communicative, and motivating relationship with the Talent Acquisition Associate
- Minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required (graduate degree a plus)
- 6+ years of professional experience, with progressive levels of responsibility
Join our team…
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter online.
Alpha Public Schools is a network of four high-performing public charter schools founded by a group of East San José mothers dedicated to helping transform their community. We have a strong growth mindset – as individuals, as an organization, and on behalf of our students and families. We want to be better tomorrow than we are today.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. We are strongly committed to hiring a diverse and multicultural staff and encourage applications from traditionally under-represented backgrounds.
Salary is competitive and compensation includes a comprehensive benefits package.
Questions? Contact us at [email protected]