Quest Preparatory Academy is a K-8 public charter school in Las Vegas, Nevada. Founded in 2008, Quest is one of the longest-standing and most racially and economically diverse charter schools in Nevada. We serve 500 students in grades K-8 across two campuses.
At Quest Preparatory Academy, we believe that every student and their success matters! We strive to cultivate a learning environment where students have optimal opportunities to grow and learn. Our vision is to provide a uniquely designed, academically rigorous, caring and nurturing learning experience in a tuition-free, public school setting. We are a close-knit community of teachers, leaders, and families, committed to providing our diverse student population with the high-quality educational experience that they deserve.
If you are willing to go the extra mile to ensure that all students maximize their potential, we encourage you to apply to join our team!
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Manager of Finance is responsible and accountable for leading the accounting and budgeting functions for the school. This position reports directly to the Governing Board. Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead, direct, plan, organize, evaluate, and coordinate a variety of programs, projects, and activities related to Quest financial functions including budget, accounting, external audits, payroll services, attendance accounting, program accounting, accounts payable, and related business systems.
- Implement programs to ensure the financial stability of the school and develop financial plans and budgets.
- Prepare, administer, and control the annual general fund budget and all special fund budgets required by the state.
- Provide technical expertise regarding assigned functions; formulate and develop policies and procedures.
- Develop and implement long- and short-term plans and activities for assigned areas and the school at-large.
- Communicate with other administrators, school personnel, and contractors to coordinate activities and programs, resolve issues and conflicts, and exchange information.
- Establish and maintain internal control.
- Consult with and advise school leadership regarding legal and procedural requirements of the school’s financial management.
- Participate in negotiations and contracting of major initiatives including insurance, employee group (union) contracts, capital purchases, and other significant acquisitions.
- Provide guidance on special projects of the school which require financial oversight.
- Administer and coordinate the technical activities for general ledger accounting, treasury, accounts payable, and payroll and benefits, for all funds of the school.
- Monitor monthly income and expenditures in order to estimate the ending fund balance for general fund operations.
- Oversee the creation of monthly or quarterly financial statements for the various other funds of the school.
- Oversee and coordinate various school audits, including the annual financial audit, the single audit, related state and federal audits, and performance audits, as needed.
- Oversee and administer the treasury management function, including banking and custodial agreements, debt service management, school receivables, cash, and cash flow projections.
- Ensure school compliance with various federal, state, and local agencies, including the Internal Revenue Service, the U. S. Census Bureau, the Nevada Department of Education, the Nevada Legislative Counsel Bureau, and the Committee on Local Government Finance in the areas of benefits, taxes, arbitrage, tax shelters, etc.
- Report progress and recommend necessary action concerning assigned responsibilities to the Governing Board.
- Audit or review invoices, requisitions, purchase orders, bank deposit slips, or contracts.
- Assist in verifying and auditing payrolls and maintaining payroll journals, subsidiary ledgers, records, and files.
- Set up and maintain journals, ledgers, and other records.
- Prepare journal vouchers and makes adjusting and closing entries.
- Maintain accounting control records for receipts, disbursements, and balances.
- Prepare fiscal, statistical, and federal reports and year-end schedules.
- Perform other duties related to the position, as assigned.
The Manager of Finance role at Quest is a full-time, salaried, 12-month position. Ideal candidates will have the following education and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in business administration, accounting, finance or a related field. MBA, CPA, or related graduate degree is preferred.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in accounting and/or budgeting; and demonstrated understanding and knowledge of accounting and budget procedures and ERP-related system procedures/requirements.
- At least three years of successful supervisory experience is preferred.
- Successful experience in administering financial statements and budgets at the school level.
- Ability to work effectively in cooperation with school staff and representatives of state, federal, local regulatory agencies, and community agencies.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Nevada Administrative Code and Nevada Revised Statutes.
- Familiarity with school accounting and finance is a plus.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
Quest is an equal opportunity employer. Quest does not knowingly discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or national origin.