About the role
The Director of Strategic Finance will play an essential role in supporting the College Board’s financial strategy and ensuring our financial health. They will develop a deep understanding of the College Board’s economics and key performance indicators, and leverage insights to conduct complex financial modeling and analysis. They will collaborate with colleagues and senior leaders throughout the organization and will present clear, synthesized, and succinct findings and recommendations. Candidates will be accountable for performing strong financial analyses, providing excellent customer service, seeking continuous improvement and will have a strong interest in expanding educational opportunity for all students.
Responsibilities of the role
- Lead key analytic work streams, which may include new product business case development, total cost of ownership analyses, and/or budgeting and targeted cost reduction exercises.
- Perform complex financial analyses to generate recommendations to drive sound business and strategy decisions.
- Drive the budget and forecasting processes in partnership with select departments; leverage data to ensure key assumptions are accurately reflected and identify risks and cost savings opportunities.
- Own the development of financial projections and performance reports in collaboration with program and Finance colleagues.
- Proactively design and deliver custom strategic financial reports, outlining actionable insights for senior leadership.
- Deeply grasp the economics of the College Board, including revenue and expense drivers, key performance indicators, and recent historical trends and ensure that programs and service units have information to apply these insights to their work.
Qualifications needed for the role
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related technical field.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant and progressive experience.
- Extensive experience in financial modeling and preparing business cases.
Preferred skills and other attributes for the role
- Experience with financial planning systems preferred.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Ability to succinctly summarize complex financial analysis and present key findings to senior management.
- Strong understanding of corporate finance.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Highly motivated with a strong interest in process improvement.
- Project management skills and ability to prioritize and independently manage multiple time-sensitive projects.
- Advanced MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word skills.
- A strong interest in expanding educational opportunity for all students.