The Development Manager will build and manage all fundraising systems, processes, plans, and track related relationships and activities that support the generation of unrestricted annual fund dollars, and restricted grants and gifts, across the complete sales process. The position will lead annual fund appeals, will follow up with annual fund donors when appropriate, and will support stewardship for all major gifts, including the management of all acknowledgement letters. The Development Manager works under, and closely with, the Chief Development Officer. This position is based in Princeton, NJ, and is temporarily a remote role until the C&S office reopens following the lifting of pandemic related restrictions.
- Lead the execution of an annual fund appeal calendar; engage with annual fund donors as appropriate.
- Conduct prospect research, analyze prospect mission-alignment and capacity, identify and prioritize prospects to maintain a fresh pipeline for the organization, and assist in developing custom strategies to engage each current and prospective major donor (including foundations, corporations, and individuals).
- Manage the tracking of fundraising activities across the organization, including managing a calendar of annual stewardship and renewal touchpoints with each current major donor, and identifying and advancing new relationships to diversify and sustain funding over time.
- Provide administrative support for the Development Department, including maintaining adequate supplies of donor stewardship collateral and coordinating the distribution of the inventory across the organization.
- Prepare materials for all 1:1 meetings with current donors and prospects including preparatory research for colleagues traveling to national meetings; ensure that debrief notes and follow-up action steps are executed timely.
- Maintain an up-to-date, accurate fundraising database, including detailed records for each current and prospective donor. Prepare all gift acknowledgment letters.
- Prepare regular reports on progress against fundraising targets and related metrics.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with a preference for an advanced professional degree.
- 3+ years of project management, communications, and/or fundraising experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work setting.
- Orientation toward systems thinking and problem solving.
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to function well in a team environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Highly relationship orientated. Past success in setting and meeting both deadlines and goals.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams).
Our Core Values
- We are constantly learning and improving. We test and refine new ideas and learn from our mistakes. We dare to question old solutions. We seek opportunities to collaborate with our diverse team; different backgrounds, skill sets, and thinking styles give us valuable new perspectives. We share knowledge and insights with each other to help us grow as individuals and as an organization.
- We are gracious and grateful in all that we do. We invest in our relationships with warmth and a sense of humor. We express gratitude to all our colleagues and stakeholders. While we strive for excellence, we recognize that no one is perfect. We give others the benefit of the doubt and act with kindness and integrity.
- We are attentive and intentional. We are aware of the needs of the world and those around us so that our work has a real impact. Our work is mission-driven and we know the “whys” – both large and small – behind what we do. Recognizing that details matter, we are equally committed to quality.
Simply email your resume to [email protected] with “Development Manager” as the subject of the email. Please include your resume as a Word or PDF attachment to the email and paste your cover letter in the body of your email.
C&S will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. This position may require pre-employment screening potentially including a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certifications, and/or verification of work history.