KIPP Texas Public Schools is a nonprofit public charter school network, dedicated to preparing students in educationally underserved communities for college success and choice-filled lives. Today, KIPP Texas operates 59 public charter schools educating over 31,100 students across four regions - Austin, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. KIPP schools are part of the free public school system and enrollment is open to all students. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income families.
You can see all our job opportunities at https://kipptexas.org/join-our-team/ .Job Description
The registrar determines student eligibility and collects and enters all campus student information into the district student information database. As a member of the School Leadership team, the registrar assists registrars across the state, maintains accurate student records by identifying data errors, and develops systems to ensure 100% accountability of all Public Education Information management System (PEIMS) required data and student records. They also take a leadership role in ensuring that we have accurate transcripts across the state, that PGPs are updated and maintained, and that registrars across all four regions have support and training.
- Develops and implements state-wide processes for auditing transcripts and correcting errors.
- Develops and implements state-wide processes for auditing PGP completion.
- Partners with the PEIMS and operations teams to ensure accurate back-end systems.
- Provide training and support to registrars across KIPP Texas.
- Communicating with SIS and PEIMS managers as any issues arise
- Communicates daily with campus administrators and special program coordinators to identify and correct missing or incorrect information in physical and electronic student data files.
- Stays current with changes in Texas Education Agency governing documents pertaining to the Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS).
- Coordinates campus-wide attendance process and works to maintain campus-wide compliance, accuracy and timeliness.
- Identifies data anomalies that may identify data errors or incorrect coding.
- Assists school based administrators and registrars with campus and student scheduling.
- Maintains all digital course records and teacher/administrative access to online gradebook.
- Process and transmit requests for student information, including verification of enrollment and transcripts for colleges and universities.
- Maintains student transcripts.
- Ensures that transfer grades and GPAs are calculated correctly and reflected appropriately in the student information system.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional InformationCompensation and Benefits:
- Strong sense of urgency and accuracy in carrying-out job responsibilities.
- Ability to identify implied tasks when assisting in daily campus operations.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and organize for results.
- Ability to identify and correct data anomalies that may identify data errors or incorrect coding.
- Must be able to work in an open area office environment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel is required. Ability to use intermediate functions is preferred.
- Three years of experience as a middle or high school registrar or district position associated with the collection and data entry into a student information system are preferred.
- Three years of experience with the Public Education Information Management System (PEIMS) preferred
- Familiarity with grad plans
- Completion of 12th grade or equivalent. Four-year college degree is preferred.
- Spanish language competency is strongly preferred.
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pushing and pulling, regular heavy lifting.
- Biological exposure to bacteria and communicable disease.
In addition to a competitive salary scale, a part of KIPP Texas' competitive benefits options, KIPP offers all employees an $0 HMO plan for the employee only. In addition to our $0 plan, KIPP provides a $600 employer contribution towards a Health Savings Account and a variety of other supplemental benefits such as Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance, Life, etc.