KIPP Texas Public Schools is a nonprofit public charter school network, dedicated to preparing students in educationally underserved communities for college success and choice-filled lives. Today, KIPP Texas operates 59 public charter schools educating over 31,100 students across four regions - Austin, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. KIPP schools are part of the free public school system and enrollment is open to all students. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income families.
You can see all our job opportunities at https://kipptexas.org/join-our-team/ .Job Description
The Director of Student Recruitment is responsible for attracting students and their families to KIPP Texas by directing recruitment strategies and tactics, promoting KIPP Texas statewide, directly managing the Student Recruitment team, managing lead acquisition, building and maintaining community asset maps, executing competitor analysis, and engaging with community partners all with the goal of acquiring student applications to fully enroll all of our KIPP Texas schools.
To be successful in this role, a Director of Student Recruitment brings a track record for designing and implementing successful recruitment and / or marketing/sales strategies, especially ground tactics; and experience building and maintaining relationships with community members and partners. A Director of Student Recruitment must have a working understanding of enrollment target setting, and should be comfortable working with and manipulating data to drive outcomes and make adjustments to their team and strategies. A Director of Student Recruitment must be available to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends to support their teams.
- Direct management of Regional Student Recruitment & Enrollment Managers. Responsible for human resource strategies by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing values, policies, and procedures; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions.
- Devise, manage and implement regional / state recruitment strategies and operational plans that support the recruitment of qualified students wishing to attend KIPP Texas in line with set targets. Accountable for annual application goals.
- Collect, evaluate and share data with respect to the performance of individual recruitment initiatives and the overall student recruitment strategy. Collaborate effectively with academic, compliance, and marketing colleagues to ensure recruitment initiatives and strategy are relevant.
- Lead team to identify key target markets and program development opportunities based on market and business intelligence, trends and research to ensure recruitment strategies and plans are relevant.
- Lead team to identify, attend and evaluate a range of student recruitment events including recruitment fairs, exhibitions, seminars, school visits, community organized events, presentations at community partners, etc.
- Responsible for statewide lead management and conversion performance metrics. Track and analyze all data regarding student recruitment benchmarks and goals. Drive weekly metrics and data meetings.
- With KTX growth, annually evaluate and update school zip code priority zoning in partnership with regional leadership. Responsible for setting zones with the introduction of new campuses.
- Partner with the Enrollment Systems leader to ensure annual SchoolMInt configuration aligns with the expectations for school zoning and the user experience.
- Partner with the Enrollment Knowledge Management to ensure all resources needed for your team and your school operations partners are in place for each phase of the recruitment and enrollment cycle.
- Collaborate with Marketing & Communications team to create and implement a marketing strategy that increases enrollment
- Demonstrate knowledge and support of KIPP Texas mission, and core values
- Report out regular updates on progress towards goals to regional and MACE leadership
- Support your direct reports to lead meetings with all regional leaders to share/build local strategies, as well as inform and drive progress
- Hold office hours to support regional leaders (i.e. School Management & Operations) throughout recruitment and enrollment windows
- Demonstrate knowledge, promote and encourage the practice of KIPP Texas mission, core values and DEI principles in contacts with all staff, students and partners.
- Other duties as assigned
Additional InformationCompensation and Benefits:
- Master's degree from an accredited institution preferred, or Bachelor's degree with 5 years of experience with sales / recruitment-related work preferable in a business, nonprofit, education, community engagement or advocacy organization.
- Demonstrable experience of developing and implementing successful student recruitment strategies and delivering recruitment activities in an education context. Strong evidence of meeting ambitious targets.
- Proven experience of managing staff with ability to motivate team members to meet targets.
- Strong cultural competency skills, including the ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse population
- Results driven approach to work with a passion for achieving goals and flexible attitude to the working environment.
- Exceptional project management and data assessment skills, with an ability to juggle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Knowledge of complex stakeholder management, ability to collaborate and develop and maintain successful and professional working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Proven experience building operational efficiency while proactively finding solutions
- Proven excellent analytical skills and ability to gather and analyse data extracting insights and reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Highly-motivated and self-starter / self-directed learner with a "whatever it takes" attitude to work independently and as a team player
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to the KIPP Texas mission and community
- Service-oriented, able to adapt to a changing environment while applying flexibility to work under pressure and remaining calm in the midst of competing demands
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and Google applications (Sheets, Docs, Slides, Google Drive), with the ability to quickly learn new technologies (SchoolMint, Slack, Customer Relations Management, video conferencing and phone banking apps, etc)
- Must have reliable transportation to travel between campuses and to and from community events / meetings
In addition to a competitive salary scale, a part of KIPP Texas' competitive benefits options, KIPP offers all employees an $0 HMO plan for the employee only. In addition to our $0 plan, KIPP provides a $600 employer contribution towards a Health Savings Account and a variety of other supplemental benefits such as Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance, Life, etc.