KIPP Texas Public Schools is a nonprofit public charter school network, dedicated to preparing students in educationally underserved communities for college success and choice-filled lives. Today, KIPP Texas operates 59 public charter schools educating over 31,100 students across four regions - Austin, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, and San Antonio. KIPP Texas is part of the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. KIPP schools are part of the free public school system and enrollment is open to all students. Nationwide, KIPP students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent, comparable to the national average for all students and approximately three times higher than the average of students from low-income families.Job Description
Implement district school health programs and provide direct services to meet the needs of the students at their campus and staff under the supervision of the Manager of Student Wellness.Key Responsibilities
- Provide direct care utilizing school health protocols and care plans established by students physician.
- Administer medication to students according to board policy and district procedures.
- Implement mandatory screening programs and complete required reports.
- Contribute to and implement the individualized student health care plans.
- Collaborate with campus principal, school counselor, teachers, parents, food service, and other staff regarding the health needs of the general population and those students with identified health conditions.
- Communicate with parents regarding individual students as directed by district protocols.
- Participate in Admission, Review, and Dismissal Committee (ARD) meeting of students with identifiable health needs.
- Collaborate with other professionals regarding implementation of health related Individual Education Plan (IEP) items.
- Educate faculty or staff as needed on health related topics as directed by the school Wellness Manager or RN supervisor.
- Provide guidance to unlicensed assistive personnel or other school staff on health related tasks as directed by the Wellness Manager or RN supervisor.
- Maintain accurate student health records, including immunization records, medication
- administration records, and individual student treatment records.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized reports, records, and other documents required, including accurate, updated health records on all students.
- Comply with policies established by federal and state laws, Texas Department of Health rule, State Board of Education rule, and board policy in health services area.
- Comply with all district and campus routines and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality.
QualificationsSkills and Qualifications
- Maintain certification in CPR, First Aid, vision and hearing screening.
- Model behavior that is professional, ethical, and responsible.
- Completion/Graduation from accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) program
- Valid Texas license issued by the Board of Nurse Examiners
- Knowledge of basic first aid and cardio pulmonary resuscitation (CPR /First Aid/Healthcare Provider)
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient keyboarding and file maintenance skills
- Ability to use personal computer and software to enter data and do word processing
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- One year experience in health-related position required
- One year experiences with school-age children preferred
In addition to a competitive salary scale, a part of KIPP Texas' competitive benefits options, KIPP offers all employees an $0 HMO plan for the employee only. In addition to our $0 plan, KIPP provides a $600 employer contribution towards a Health Savings Account and a variety of other supplemental benefits such as Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance, Life, etc.