Wayside Publishing is seeking an experienced, full-time Curriculum Coordinator to oversee and drive the curriculum development and implementation for proficiency-based world language instructional programs. This existing role, reporting to Manager, Instructional Development, will direct author teams through the curriculum development process aligned to current research-based best practices in language learning to create Waysides proficiency-based, standards-aligned, K-12 educational textbooks and digital learning programs.
The Curriculum Coordinator role is varied. You will be instrumental in guiding author teams and ensuring products meet our targeted proficiency levels and most current pedagogical standards. Your knowledge and experience is paramount to the development of our print and digital resources. You will work closely with the Editorial Project Manager while providing guidance and leadership to authors to ensure that all print and digital materials adhere to Waysides pedagogical standards. If you are truly passionate about building world language educational programs that support teachers in teaching for proficiency, keep reading!
- PMAs Curriculum Coordinator you will be a main point-of-contact for teams of authors (who are teachers), to coordinate all aspects of the development of the curriculum from the Scope and Sequence to the end product.
- You will collaboratively select authors based on their pedagogical approach, knowledge, and writing experience that must align with the World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages and the NCSSFL-ACTFL communicative and intercultural can-do statements.
- You will build positive, collaborative cross-functional relationships with these teams and guide them during the entire writing process to adhere to Waysides pedagogical and editorial standards.
- You will co-facilitate regular author meetings to review the writing progress and to identify and address barriers to ensure that each project aligns with the most current research-based best practice.
- You will be hands-on during the entire organizational and writing processes: assess and approve all chapter components, provide appropriate alternatives and suggestions, and assist authors with refining manuscripts and proofs.
- You will be instrumental in developing the pedagogical aspects of the Front Matter and the End Matter of the products.
- Minimum of a Masters degree in World/Foreign Language Education, Curriculum & Instruction, Administration and Supervision, or equivalent
- Minimum of 8 years of world language classroom teaching including K-12 curriculum development experience
- Minimum of intermediate-high proficiency in Spanish, French, German, or Italian (more than one is desirable)
- Proven expertise in curriculum development alignment with the World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages and all current ACTFL Guidelines (performance descriptors, proficiency guidelines, NCSSFL-ACTFL can-do statements)
- Proven ability to lead, coach, mentor, and instruct others
- Proven writing experience related to world language instructional materials, leading teams preferred
- Strong written and oral interpersonal skills
- Tech abilities and forward thinking is a must
- Strong problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Ability to manage a variable schedule across multiple time zones, including evening and potentially weekend meetings
- Proven ability to work autonomously under limited supervision, while appropriately involving other stakeholders
- Proven strong organizational skills
- Limited air and auto travel may be required
- Takes initiative with a positive, can-do attitude
- Values a friendly and collaborative environment
- Easily and adopts new technology
- Open to feedback
- Obsessively attentive to details and respectful of deadlines
- Learns and applies new skills quickly
- Competitive compensation
- Health insurance with options for supplemental insurances (Dental, Vision, Accident)
- Short Term and Long Term Disability policies paid by the company
- Life insurance policy paid by the company with options for increased coverage
- Retirement savings plan with company contribution
- Paid holidays
- Work/life balance as a company value