Zearn is looking for a talented Academic Assessments Associate who is passionate about standards, curriculum, and instruction and how these areas can support Zearn Math in providing students a rigorous and engaging experience. In this role, you will work on Zearn’s Academic team in the creation of mission-level, paper-based assessments for our expanding Middle School and Algebra curriculum. The ideal candidate is passionate about educating, writing curriculum, thinking deeply about math standards, and about the role of assessments in supporting students on their path to understanding.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in the creation of new Mission-level, paper-based assessments for Middle School and Algebra I
- Create rubrics and scoring guidance to accompany newly created Mission-level, paper-based assessments
- Perform competitor analysis by conducting research, reviewing existing assessments, and providing analysis on how results connect to instruction
- Use Performance data to determine the most critical need inside of Zearn Math and recommending foundational content that could best support identified struggles
- Performing data analysis and providing results
- Writing foundational content guidance based on findings
- Work collaboratively within Zearn’s team to thoroughly review and revise assessments
Ideal candidates will have:
- 5+ years of experience in math education as a teacher with Middle School or Algebra experience preferred
- Experience writing assessments a plus
- Ability to think deeply about math standards and thoughtfully assess the standards in engaging and meaningful ways
- Experience in creating and/or evaluating standards-aligned assessments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and consistently meet deadlines
- Commitment to Zearn’s mission of providing an exceptional education to all children
- A love of learning, and a love of math
- A passion for collaboration
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. We also offer a collegial and passionate culture and the potential to positively impact the lives of millions of children.
To apply, please send a resume and a bit about yourself to [email protected]. Zearn is an equal opportunity employer.