The Site Director is the inspiring leader who sets a powerful vision for student achievement and is responsible for ensuring that at least 90% of students matriculate to a four-year college and 70% graduate from college within six years. S/he leads a team of full time and part time employees and builds and maintains the positive presence of College Track in the local community.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Site Vision and Culture: Set a powerful vision for student achievement; inspire the commitment of others towards the shared vision, and ensure all decisions are aligned to and support the vision. Build a strong and enduring site culture based on mission, vision and organization’s values.
- Individual Student Planning and Monitoring: Work with program directors to assess student data continuously and ensure that students are on track to graduate from high school and thrive in four-year universities. Focus relentlessly on delivering outcomes despite obstacles, ensuring students graduate from high school and receive a college degree.
- Staff Management: Recruit, lead, manage and develop a high-performing site team of full-time and part-time employees (paid and volunteer) to ensure the overall success of students. Build a collaborative team of individuals committed to achieving excellence and meeting site goals.
- School and Community Partnerships: Develop strong and formalized partnerships with community based organizations, schools and districts that result in additional resources for our students and improvements to our program model. Keep abreast of emerging trends and practices within the education landscape and community, and be active in the educational and community landscape.
- Fundraising and Development: Work in collaboration with the College Track development team, as the external leader of the site, to execute development activities that support long-term sustainability.
Skills & Experience Required
- 3 years experience required (5-7 years preferred) managing staff, projects and oneself to achieve excellent results and expand organizational
- Proven track record in successfully recruiting, hiring, leading and developing people and teams. Creates the conditions for staff to learn, grow and do their work with ever increasing excellence
- Minimum of 5-7 years of of teaching and/or supporting students to excel academically; history of driving significant gains in student achievement
- Leads and inspires others under a shared vision of excellence
- Builds relationships and communicates in ways that foster trust, value differences and further College Track’s mission
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability; can work within and thrive in an ambitious, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solution
- Unwavering belief in economic, racial and social justice; makes all decisions through the lens of what is best for the students and families we serve
- Minimum 4-year college degree (Masters Degree preferred)
Compensation & Benefits
College Track offers a competitive salary based on the organization’s compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. We also offer comprehensive health & welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off.