The Specialist - Scheduling and Support to the CEO position provides confidential secretarial and administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer and manages the CEO’s calendar including ensuring appropriate backup for all events and meetings. Arranges travel and meeting registration for the CEO. Responsible for some of the clerical and administrative activities of the Chief Executive Officer/Chief Of Staff offices. Requires the exercise of considerable discretion and independent judgment and action in regularly handling highly complex and confidential matters. Requires the regular application of knowledge of the substantive work of the school district, their objectives, and lines of communication.
- Manages the calendar and meeting schedule of the Chief Executive Officer, with support from the Executive Assistant. Makes arrangements for meetings and conferences to include scheduling, agenda coordination, meeting rooms, catering, travel arrangements, etc.
- Requests, collects, and compiles backup materials for CEO meetings.
- Ensures the CEO stays on schedule by facilitating the on-time transition of the CEO between meetings.
- Facilitates regular CEO calendar meetings with the CEO and COS teams to ensure CEO is prepared for all meetings.
- Manages the CEO’s technology to ensure devices and contacts are up to date.
- Responsible for CEO credit card reconciliations and other budget processes related directly to the CEO.
- Supports the administrative activities of the CEO/COS offices, inclusive of secondary phone coverage and back-up for other administrative staff in the CEO/COS offices around budget, payroll, signature requests, etc.
- Supports seasonal projects in the CEO’s office, such as logistical support and planning for CEO Institute, summer interns, etc.
- Screens and handles requests and inquiries as deemed appropriate. Processes sensitive and confidential information. Receives and directs inquiries to appropriate staff. Organizes and summarizes sensitive and confidential correspondence for review by appropriate staff.
- Bachelor's degree in related field. Degree must be from an accredited college or institution.
- Two years of experience providing administrative support to a department head or senior manager.
- Additional administrative support experience may be substituted for the education requirement.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of administrative analysis.
- Knowledge of office practices and protocol.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures of office management and supervision.
- Knowledge of standard record maintenance procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient skill in the use of technical computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook or similar package.
- Must be able to pass a Typing Assessment, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel exam.