About the Regional Operations Team
We make KIPP happen. The Regional Operations team drives operational excellence and efficiency by providing best-in-class service, systems, standards, and supports school operations teams, school leaders, and the Regional Support Office. We enable success across our region by setting standards for excellence in regional and school operations, delivering timely and efficient services to our schools and the RSO and building the capacity of school operations leaders to become experts in their field.
We are seeking a Regional Data and Operations Manager to join our Regional Operations team. In this high impact position, the Manager will be responsible for the administration of PowerSchool (SIS), act as the primary point of contact for questions related to our SIS, drive continuous process improvements and data compliance and implement scalable support systems and resources for our school and regional staff.
We are seeking a strong systems thinker and skilled communicator who will champion work across our department to create clear operational practices for annual student information system setup and administration. The ideal candidate is a highly analytical strategic thinker and a resourceful problem-solver. The Manager will work in our Regional Support Office in Oakland and report to the Associate Director of Regional Operations.
With support from the Operations, Academics, Data and Tech teams, this person will be responsible for the following:
Design and lead annual setup processes in the PowerSchool student information systems (SIS)
- Lead annual setup of the student information system and implement specific user permissions and security
- Create and implement annual audit practices for PowerSchool (SIS) to ensure proper setup of critical systems, including attendance, calendaring, and enrollment
- Manage integrated systems syncing and data collection between regionally supported databases, such as SchoolMint, SchoolMessenger and In-Class Attendance
- Collaborate with the Human Resource and Tech teams on annual new teacher import and account setup
- Serve as the regional lead for elementary and middle school PowerSchool (SIS) scheduling process
Develop and implement training and support model for SIS
- Design, implement and support a tiered system of supports for identifying and resolving school and regional issues in PowerSchool (SIS)
- Lead new Operation Manager training and ongoing capacity building in school operations staff
- Create and maintain PowerSchool (SIS) and other integrated system training materials and resources
Lead SIS implementations, modifications and regular maintenance
- Manage upgrades in PowerSchool (SIS) with minimal impact to users and limited downtime
- Develop, implement and manage systems to identify student data errors in PowerSchool, including those related to attendance, discipline, and scheduling
- Project manage processes for data error correction through school-based teams
- Lead strategy and planning to transition PowerSchool academic support (gradebook, transcripts, etc.) to the Regional Operations team in FY21, in close collaboration with the Manager of Regional Ops and HS Academics and the Data team
- Collaborate with school and regional teams to implement strong data collection systems at our schools
Fulfill data compliance requests, conduct basic data analysis and prepare compliance reports
- Manage timely and accurate data submissions for internal and external stakeholders
- Create ad hoc PowerSchool reports for school and/or regional use
- Support regional ops team members during annual state reporting submission windows (CALPADS)
- Lead the verification and submission of the tri-annual attendance reporting to district authorizers and the state
Participate as an active member of the Regional Operations Team and Family
- Actively contribute to Regional Operations team meetings, Regional Office team meetings and monthly Operations Communities of Practice meetings.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Strong integrity and commitment to KIPP’s mission and values, especially with regards to diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice
- Self-starter, comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to prioritize among competing goals and identify and initiate process improvements
- Highly resourceful, with proven ability to learn new data platforms/systems quickly and independently
- Strategic thinker, with the ability to create and execute on their vision
- Proven track record of cross-functional teamwork and collaboration; willing to engage in hard conversations
- Demonstrated experience in an information system or other related database preferred
- Intermediate expertise with Microsoft Excel, including pivot tables and vlookup, required
- Previous experience working within a school setting preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years of work experience or 5+ years’ work experience strongly preferred
We are dedicated to you and your family's well-being! KIPP offers a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and transportation benefits.