About the Regional Operations Team
We make KIPP happen.
The Regional Operations team drives operational excellence and efficiency by providing best-in-class service, systems, standards, and support to school operations teams, school leaders, and the Regional Support Office. We enable success across our region by setting standards for excellence in regional and school operations, delivering timely and efficient services to our schools and the RSO and building the capacity of school operations leaders to become experts in their field.
We are looking for a High School Operations Project Managers to join our Regional Operations team. In this high impact position, the Manager will play a critical role in ensuring our students are on track towards high school graduation and choice-filled lives. We are seeking a strong systems thinker and skilled communicator who will champion work across our departments to create clear operational practices for graduation tracking, refine and optimize the master schedule process and oversee the development and implementation of consistent academic policies and procedures for the region. The ideal candidate is a highly analytical strategic thinker, and a resourceful problem-solver. The Manager will work in our Regional Support Office in Oakland and report to the Associate Director of Regional Operations.
With support from the Operations, Academics, Data, and KIPP Through College teams, this person will be responsible for the following:
Ensure Student Progress towards High School Graduation
- Establish clear and comprehensive transcript policy and data entry procedures for summer school, Cyber High and transfer students to ensure accurate student transcripts and GPAs.
- Train school-based Operations Managers on transcript policy, ensuring that all transcripts are entered accurately and in a timely manner
- Create and implement bi-annual GPA and transcript audits, to flag students that have inaccurate GPA in KIPP’s Student Information System (SIS) or are not on track to graduate
- Implement a new change management process to ensure timely correction of student GPA errors and timely HS advising on new student course enrollment (including the development of their plan to graduation.)
- Support with transcript entry and GPA corrections as needed to ensure deadlines are met
Oversee High School Academic Policies and Procedures
- Lead vision, strategy and planning for HS academics in PowerSchool (SIS), identify areas for alignment across schools, and develop, roll-out and monitor new processes and improvements.
- Convene stakeholders (School Leaders [SL], Academics, SL Managers, Special Education, and KTC) to align on regional HS policies and practices, including but not limited to graduation requirements, grading scales, GPAs, and Special Education certificate requirements
- Create best-in-class PowerTeacher Pro (i.e. gradebook) resources, build capacity (using “train the trainer” model) by supporting HS Operations Managers to facilitate school-based trainings and provide as-needed support for their teachers
- Work closely with School Leadership and Academics to create consistency in HS grade scales, report cards, progress reports and transcripts
- Respond to School Leadership support tickets related to HS academics in PowerSchool
- Manage timely and accurate submissions of HS courses to A-G Portal for UC/CSU Approval
- Create and implement a regional policy for an organization of HS student cumulative (CUM) files to ensure accurate transcript entry
Improve High School Master Schedule Process
- Create a comprehensive vision for consistent HS master scheduling process, managing the interdependence between current student course advising and graduation tracking, teacher load and hiring, course offerings, and new student onboarding
- Serve as Regional Lead for PowerScheduler (PowerSchool schedule optimizer), attend PowerScheduler trainings with school-based Operations Managers, provide one-on-one consultation and support as needed throughout the HS scheduling season
Participate as an active member of the Regional Operations Team and Family
- Liaise with KIPP Foundation Data Team to share and learn best practices for HS data operations
- Actively contribute to Regional Operations team meetings, Regional Office team meetings and monthly Operations Communities of Practice
Qualifications and Requirements
- Strong integrity and commitment to KIPP’s mission and values, especially with regards to diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice
- Self-starter, comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to prioritize among competing goals and identify and initiate process improvements
- Highly resourceful, with proven ability to learn new data platforms/systems quickly and independently
- Strategic thinker, with the ability to create and execute on their vision
- Proven track record of cross-functional teamwork and collaboration; willing to engage in hard conversations
- Previous experience working in a CA public high school setting preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years of work experience or 5+ years’ work experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience in PowerSchool (SIS) or other SIS/relational database required
- Intermediate expertise with Microsoft Excel required
We are dedicated to you and your family's well-being! KIPP offers a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and transportation benefits.