Starting as one school in 1999, the Noble Network of Charter Schools (Noble) has now grown to serve over 12,000 students from 70 different communities at 18 separate campuses in Chicago, Illinois. Consistently, these campuses represent Chicago’s highest performing open-enrollment high schools (based on SAT as well as other critical outcomes like college graduation, etc.).
Noble is looking for a PowerSchool Administrator to join our Network Support Team (NST) —a team dedicated to providing world-class service via data to our 18+ schools. This individual reports to the Director of Data Infrastructure and Business Intelligence and manages the Data and Business Intelligence Specialist. They will work within the NST Data Team. The PowerSchool Administrator is accountable for providing Noble staff with world-class support for Noble’s student information system, PowerSchool.
- System Administration: The PowerSchool Administrator will be the primary administrator of our student information system, PowerSchool. They will be responsible for maintaining the health and integrity of PowerSchool. This will involve troubleshooting issues within the system, managing software/database updates and working with PowerSchool support and other vendors to resolve any issues that arise.
- Campus Support: The PowerSchool Administrator will be responsible for responding to and resolving support tickets put in by campus staff with regards to PowerSchool. They will be expected to work with campuses to design and implement PowerSchool customizations to help improve our ability to store data and improve campus efficiency. This may also include integrating tools such as Google Sheets or Python scripts to improve processes.
- Student Data Reporting and Quality: The PowerSchool Administrator will be responsible for reporting data to external entities, such as CPS and ISBE. The SDBIS will use multiple data manipulation and cleaning techniques to improve the quality of data being entered into PowerSchool and CPS systems for students, as well as maintain and continue to improve Tableau Server dashboards that highlight errors for campuses.
- Project & Support Ticket Overflow: When required, the PowerSchool Administrator will provide assistance with support ticket overflow from the Business Intelligence team. As new projects arise for the BI to tackle, the PowerSchool Administrator will be assigned areas of responsibility outside the scope of the responsibilities defined above.
- Service: Every member of Noble’s Support Team exists to serve the staff and students at our 18+ schools. A service mentality – including being flexible, adaptable, and humble – is an essential part of every position on the data team. The PowerSchool Administrator is therefore responsible for displaying best-in-class service in all of their tasks.
Technical Skills - Required
- Experience with PowerSchool, specifically front-end
- 3+ years of experience with SQL queries
- Oracle and PostGres highly preferred, but other RDMSs are acceptable
Technical Skills - Ideal
- Experience with PowerSchool’s Oracle back-end
- Experience with PowerSchool page customizations
- Experience with Python or R
- Experience with Google Sheets and related Google APIs
- Experience with Tableau Desktop or Tableau Server
- Experience with data analysis whether descriptive or predictive in nature
Ideal Traits & Experiences
- Unwavering determination to do whatever it takes to help our students succeed in college
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills a
- High level of energy, passion, and enthusiasm (and a good sense of humor is a huge plus)
- Emotional intelligence (e.g. the ability to handle complex challenges and puzzles as well as critical feedback in a positive and productive manner)
- Willingness to push the boundaries of their work by constantly seeking out new ideas and implementing them
- Strong evidence of supporting a large and technically diverse group of clients in previous roles is expected
- Deep understanding of FERPA and ISSRA as well as experience with designing and maintaining group permissions
Noble provides competitive salaries depending on candidate qualifications. We also provide health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401k contributions, and vacation/sick leave.
Statement of Non Discrimination
At Noble, our mission is to be a catalyst for educational equity in the city of Chicago that empowers students with the scholarship, discipline, and honor necessary to succeed in college and lead exemplary lives. We know that we only fulfill this mission if we are the best place for a diverse mix of driven, reflective, and innovative educators to come, stay, and do their best work nurturing college-ready students. That is why Noble is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic or classification protected by law.