The Specialist - Equity position works in the Department/Office of Equity to provide leadership in the development and implementation of the City Schools strategic equity plan. Provides direct support, training, and consultation for employees across the organization on topics such as, but not limited to: equity, culturally responsive pedagogy, bias, inclusion, diversity, etc. Works collaboratively with schools and offices to utilize a racial equity lens to ensure achievement for all students.
- Supports Director and the Department/Office of Equity in providing leadership in the implementation of the Equity Policy.
- Develops, coordinates and facilitates training and professional development to City Schools employees to build capacity in the application of a racial equity lens.
- Provides support to schools and offices on the development and implementation of programs and initiatives that support equity across every indicator of City Schools’ student success.
- Provides support to schools in developing and implementing school performance plans that address the predictability and persistence of gaps in student performance.
- Provides support to offices in developing and implementing performance plans that address the systemic focus on equity and excellence.
- Provides training and implementation support on building inclusive climates that honor the culture, experiences, and humanity of students, families, and community.
- Provides support to schools to reduce the use of interventions that remove students from the active learning environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in education or related field from an accredited college or institution. Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrates expertise in leading programs serving marginalized populations, demonstrated competency in the areas of anti-racist and anti-oppression pedagogy, racial equity, educational equity, access, and cultural proficiency, restorative practices, trauma-responsiveness, and social-emotional well-being.
- Experience in supporting the achievement of underserved populations preferred.
- Understanding of current research-based practices to include the ability to analysis of quantitative and qualitative data.