The Analyst, School Stat position would focus on collecting, analyzing, and reporting school police data, so that school police are able to make informed decisions regarding violence prevention and safety for all students. Additionally, this analyst would work with the Chief of Schools to establish an official school stat process for central office and works with all departments to ensure that topics are presented for discussion. The Analyst - School Stat will report to the Chief of Schools and Chief of School Police.
- Formulates mathematical or simulation models of management and operational problems for solution by computers or other methods to assist with School Police tracking and reporting of data.
- Analyzes and documents study findings and drafts alternate plans for implementation of new systems, procedures or organizational changes for School Police.
- Drafts narrative, statistical and graphic reports and participates in the preparation of group presentations, detailing analyses, evaluations, alternate action plans and recommended courses of action for presentation to management about School Police data.
- Assists in facilitating implementation of new systems and/or procedures; may install and train personnel in applications; monitors and evaluates process; and advises management of obstacles.
- May develop or update operating manuals outlining established methods of performing work in accordance with organizational policy.
- Develops a school stat structure where all central office departments convene and discuss pressing topics.
- Liaises between offices to coordinate the school stat topics and presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business intelligence, data analytics, applied mathematics, statistics, or related field. Master’s degree preferred. Degree must be from an accredited college or institution.
- Previous exposure to or experience in the education sector a plus.
- Experience using GIS mapping software preferred.