Webb School of Knoxville's Central Library seeks an experienced and dynamic librarian for the 2 school year. The librarian will work with the head librarian to direct and administer the Central Library program, which serves Upper and Middle School students and teachers.
This position focuses primarily on library services, particularly student supervision and library operations, but the librarian will also contribute to tasks and projects related to all elements of the library program. The ideal candidate possesses a student-centered nature with strong collaborative and interpersonal skills.
- Provides a welcoming presence and helps create an environment that encourages collaboration, creativity and excellence
- Assists students, faculty and staff in the use of all library resources
- Manages circulation, including requests for new materials, hold requests and lost and overdue materials
- Contributes to ongoing development and management of the collection, both print and electronic
- Processes new materials, including cataloging and classification
- Assists with information literacy instruction as needed
- Assists with general maintenance of library areas
- Fosters a love of reading and promotes lifelong learning
- Master's degree in library science or information science from an ALA-accredited program
- Experience with library management software and library databases
- Ability to perform basic library tasks, including cataloging, processing, circulation, weeding, inventory, and collection development
- A knowledge of middle grade and young adult literature
- Ability to supervise and assist large groups of students
Qualified applicants should email a cover letter and resum? by clicking apply!
Knoxville News Sentinel.Category: Education, Keywords: Librarian