May 16, 2019
Carlos Rosario International School
Washington, DC, USA
Assistant Principal - Sonia Gutierrez Campus
Are you passionate about helping students achieve their academic goals? Do you enjoy working in a diverse environment? If so then Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) has the perfect opportunity for you.
Serving under the general supervision of the Principal, the Assistant Principal is responsible for the academic operations of the school's programs. As an instructional leader, the Assistant Principal helps direct and coordinate the instructional program including curriculum, instruction, and assessment. As the administrative leader, the Assistant Principal works collaboratively to implement clear systems, policies and procedures to support the smooth running of the school. The Assistant Principal will work closely with the registration, assessment and supportive services departments to manage academic operation of the school.
· Observe and provide feedback to instructional personnel in the implementation of curriculum;
· Respond to teachers' requests for guidance, materials, field trips and other support for curriculum implementation;
· Supervise and coordinate academic programs Work with teachers in the supervision of para-educators;
· Supervise the preparation of classrooms with appropriate furniture and educational supplies;
· Participate in committee work.
· Supervise and evaluate assigned teaching staff by using the Teacher Evaluation Agreement forms, conducting informal and formal observations and providing direct, timely feedback to teachers
· Respond to student discipline and behavioral issues;
· Support registration process throughout the school year;
· Coordinate with the registration office in the implementation of regulations regarding transfers, adds, drops and daily attendance.
· A Master's degree in Education Administration, Adult Education, Teaching ESL, Bilingual Education or related field
· A minimum of five years of teaching experience with culturally and linguistically diverse students, and a minimum of five years' experience in adult education programs or related experience in program evaluation and teacher supervision or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
· Ability to communicate professionally and effectively in English in writing and speaking with all school stakeholders.
· Fluency in a second language a plus.
· Strong understanding of best practices in adult education, as well as national standards and initiatives in adult education (i.e., Equipped for the Future, CASAS)
· Knowledge of curriculum and assessment development as well as instruction to support best practices in teaching and learning including Spanish/English bilingual education
· Effective mediation skills with sensitivity to cross-cultural issues to resolve conflicts
· Strong reasoning and problem-solving abilities
· High Proficiency in Microsoft Suite: Word, PowerPoint and Excel
· Deep commitment to CRIPCS's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners
Schedule: This position is required to work two evenings a week 1:00 pm - 9:30 pm.
This posting closes on Monday May 20, 2019.