Oversees the development, implementation and evaluation of educational programming within the center. Provides guidance for educational research projects at the center. Works closely with the Medical Director and the Core Faculty of CCCMS. Creates, tests and runs scenarios with instructors. Assists faculty with developing curricula that utilize simulation.
- Assists the Simulation Center staff in preparing and maintaining accreditation requirements of the various disciplines.
- Facilitates and manage learning pertaining to simulation center activities in coordination with medical staff and personnel.
- Supervises and plan learning activities related to the simulation center in coordination with medical staff and other personnel.
- Develops and works with various learning resources within the simulation center in coordination with medical staff and personnel.
- Provides feedback and evaluation to staff or trainees regarding best education practices using simulation.
- Develops a process and provides supervised guidance to faculty in the development and implementation of new simulation curriculum modules and activities.
- Develops a robust assessment data collection process and system for assessment of simulation activities that is at least in accordance with accreditation requirements and evaluates the various teaching methods and curriculum effectiveness of various medical teaching staff.
- Encourages, undertakes and assists in research activities related to activities that occur under within the simulation center using a range of tools for evaluating courses, teachers, learners, and resource materials.
- Incorporates principles of education, appropriate attitudes, ethical, and legal aspects of a teacher into interactions with simulation center staff and clinic personnel while maintaining good standing as a role model in the profession of medical education.
- Bachelor's level training in above areas is a minimal requirement with significant experience in simulation experience. Master's degree level in Nursing, Education, Psychology, Public Health, or other related health care or educational science field is preferred.
- Outstanding communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of educational theory, instructional technology and simulation services and technologies .
- Previous research/teaching experience highly desirable.
- Computer literacy in PC-based software applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- At least six years experience planning, developing, implementing, evaluating and customizing clinical, educational or simulation programs which includes working with clinical disciplines in such programs.
- A Master's level education degree (experience in healthcare, higher education will be considered) will substitute for 2 years of work experience.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have the ability to handle long periods of standing and/or sitting.
- Manual dexterity to operate a personal computer.
- Normal or corrected vision.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Associated topics: cancer, disorder, family medicine, gastroenterology, hepatology, medicine, psychiatry, public health, pulmonary, school of medicine