The Auditing and Analytics Specialist is responsible for analyzing and resolving issues related to data, types of data, and relationships among data elements. Using statistical techniques to create models and reports that depict organizational trends. Provide support and oversight by auditing human resource actions including hiring requests and salary placements; resolving discrepancies in onboarding processes; collaborating with individuals who perform salary-related human resource actions to ensure that issues are promptly addressed.
The following information is intended to describe the overall nature and scope of the work being performed in relation to the position. This is not a comprehensive listing of all responsibilities or tasks; other work may be assigned when deemed appropriate:
• Interprets data, analyzes results using statistical techniques; develops and implements data collection systems; runs database queries and utilizes other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
• Develops metrics for strategic initiatives and prepares data for use in management reports.
• Supports the internal auditing function by reviewing human resource actions for a large employee base of full-time, part-time, and substitute employees. Collaborates and assists individuals who perform salary-related human resource actions to reconcile calculations based on verified employee experience and educational attainment.
• Maintains continuous knowledge of and ensures compliance with human resource practices, School Board policies, and regulations; monitors and ensures compliance with departmental onboarding practices for the accurate and timely contract, assignment letter, and work agreement development.
• Develops relevant practices and procedures for preparing business reports; creates and analyzes data to provide input on operations and strategic initiatives; acts as subject matter expert to design programs for data analysis and the development of reporting tools.
• Writes queries utilizing SQL, develops Excel pivot tables and macros, and develops Access databases for prompt data analysis.
• Prepares weekly & monthly reports; creates dashboards; automates reports; and performs ad hoc analysis.
• Supports several key projects such as the annual issuance of over 10,000 contracts, assignment letters, and work agreements and the Oracle implementation project. Works closely with other departments such as Payroll, Budget, and Benefits as needed.
• Works with cross-functional teams to ensure accuracy and successful delivery of work product. Develops a mastery of processes and procedures to support successful knowledge transfer to department staff.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in a business-related major, such as economics, finance, or accounting
• Three years of proven work experience as a data analyst or business data analyst. Experience with business intelligence tools and preferred
• Adept at detecting relationships between data items, utilizing statistical techniques, running queries, report writing and presenting findings
• Demonstrated working knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of management information systems; standard office practices and procedures; relational databases; as well as the safekeeping and storage of confidential files
• Demonstrated ability to perform office work quickly and efficiently; to plan, organize, and prioritize work effectively; to work cooperatively with others; to work under pressure and/or with frequent interruptions
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication and presentation skills
• Must have superior concentration and attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to complete complex calculations, apply practices and regulations, and create reports
• Ability to change direction quickly based on data analysis and manage multiple priorities
• Strong knowledge of MS Office (especially MS Excel) and other technological tools for data analysis
The following provides a brief description of physical requirements for this position:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly talking. expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly. The employee must possess normal cognitive abilities including the ability to learn, recall and apply certain practices and policies. Frequently sitting and/or remaining in a stationary position for long periods of time. Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.