As a worldwide marketing solutions partner our goal is to help our clients win every day. We use our data-driven, integrated marketing platform, with a strong foundation in print, to help clients reduce complexity, increase efficiency and enhance marketing spend effectiveness. We ve built a rich history by believing in our people, allowing them to act like owners and take charge of their own success. Whether you re an operator, sales representative, a graphic artist or a clinician, we re all driven to perform at our best for ourselves and our clients. We re a company with a soul and a belief that we can always create a better way.
Quad is excited to participate in the Oklahoma Works Youth Apprenticeship program for the school year beginning Fall 2019. Del City High School seniors who join Quad s Youth Apprenticeship program will be given the opportunity to gain knowledge, skills and experience in advanced manufacturing while working for the leading global provider of print and media solutions.
This two-part program uses a combination of coursework, training and work shadowing experience, rotating through different manufacturing departments involved in the process of creating products from start to finish. Apprentices will be paired with al mentor as well as various teams of subject matter experts who will train and coach them on how to safely prepare, operate and maintain the most advanced equipment in the industry.
- Attend training sessions focused primarily on safety requirements, laws, regulations and what to do in emergency situations.
- Work in high level rotations through production and production support departments to learn how they each play a part in the overall manufacturing process
- Gain knowledge and understanding of the overall manufacturing process, including product creation and processes involved in creating a quality product
- Gain experience and understanding of how to communicate effectively and collaborate in a team setting
- Learn about company culture, values, leadership and other manufacturing industry related topics
- Learn how various types of tools and advanced equipment and machinery are used and operated
- Read and interpret different technical drawings, work orders/job tickets, symbols, documents and manuals
- Perform product assembly, quality and safety checks and selecting different tools and materials needed throughout the product creation process
- Gain knowledge and understanding of different types of machinery, how they are operated, monitoring for correct operation and identifying operational problems
- Learn preventative maintenance techniques, troubleshooting and problem solving technique
Hour requirements for Youth Apprentices to obtain program credits is 2000 hours for the 2 year program.
Student must be entering senior year as of Fall 2019
2.5 GPA or better
17 years of age or older
No physical requirements
Pass a drug screen and background check
Good school attendance
Meeting academic expectations and on-track for 2020 graduation
Responsible for transportation to and from work
For more information about the program, please contact Cecelia Emery at . AdditionalCompany Information:
Quad/Graphicsis an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company s policy is not tounlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race,color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin,age, military or veteran status, disability, genetic information or any otherconsideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. TheCompany also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any ofthese protected categories. The Youth Apprenticeship Program s candidatequalifications are dictated by the Department of Workforce Development.However, the Company encourages and welcomes all applicants to apply for anyposition posted or vacancy within the Company.
Associated topics: art, early education, faculty, gs 1701, lecturer, school superintendent, student, teach, trainer, tutor