May 17, 2019
Are you curious in nature and like to question assumptions? Are you driven to produce good, detailed work that others rely on? Are you customer focused with a positive outlook? Do you like to work on improving current processes and see the impact of your work? Do you like to work with a collaborative team? Then, this might be the job for you! We are currently seeking a professional Process Trainer who wants to work in a dynamic environment.
Your role would be to support the department's operations in a fast-paced, catastrophe-response organization to efficiently provide essential property insurance products and services for eligible Texas policyholders when no one else will.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position supports the overall work of the TWIA underwriting department with enthusiasm, curiosity, a positive presence, an ability to gain technical knowledge (particularly in PolicyCenter and BillingCenter), a solid grasp of process documentation and analysis for improvement, and the ability to document and execute training plans. The Process Trainer will observe, document, and analyze underwriting and related processes and recommend, develop and help implement improvements. They will also design, develop, implement, evaluate, and/or participate in on-site and on-line training classes and programs for underwriters, other staff and agents.
YOUR PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops and maintains TWIA Underwriting policy & procedure documentation regarding underwriting requirements, underwriting guidelines, and workflow processes
• Consults with management and leadership to assess and prioritize process documentation, process improvements, learning and development needs
• Documents, reviews and analyzes underwriting and workflow processes on an ongoing basis to ensure proper application of requirements, guidelines and best practices including:
o Quality of individual risk underwriting
o Efficiency of workflow processes
o Level of customer satisfaction
• Works closely with Sr. Instructional Designer and designs, develops, coordinates, implements, delivers and evaluates department-wide training programs, curriculum, and supporting material that support organization objectives and are aligned with the organization's strategic plan
• Develops training and/or participates in training of staff to implement new procedures or assist in retraining based on audit result utilizing all appropriate delivery methods
• Uses sound adult learning techniques and approved templates. Materials and approaches include, but are not limited to, manuals, job aids, visual aids, wall charts, PowerPoint presentations, training assessments, surveys, focus groups, interactive training, and gamified learning
• Responsible for ensuring all process documentation and training materials are updated on a timely basis
• Provides both positive and constructive feedback to learners
• Ensures that training is presented using the most current, up-to-date format and content
• Acts as SME in helping to design learning interventions
• May be responsible for special projects
• Reviews course content, presentation methods, utilization, and effectiveness; recommends course, curriculum, and QA changes accordingly
• Provides coaching, facilitation, team development, whole systems analysis, process reengineering and organization development services in consultation with managers and leaders to implement organization improvement initiatives and assure alignment with the organization's strategic plans
• Assists with the design and development of basic technical or on-boarding courses and programs
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university preferred, or equivalent experience
• Three (3) or more years' experience in training or development within a professional setting or public sector
• Three (3) or more years' experience in technical writing, workflow process design and documentation
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Five (5) or more years' experience in technical writing, workflow process design and documentation
• Professional designations, such as MBA, CPCU and ARM, desirable
• Advanced specialization in Training, Adult Education, Curriculum Development, Organizational Development a plus
• Working knowledge of an LMS
• Insurance industry experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES NEEDED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
• Demonstrated Knowledge of Microsoft Office and other business-related software
• Knowledge of Adult Education concepts/theories and instructional design concepts
• Demonstrated ability to recommend process changes to achieve project goals
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
• Ability to learn new tools and technologies quickly and teach it to others
• Ability to effectively manage and build rapport with team
• Decision-making abilities
• An eye for details
• Excellent communication skills
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent facilitation/presentation and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational/time management skills Good classroom management and leadership skills
TWIA & TFPA are proud to present our Total Rewards & Compensation Program. The Association invests in its most valuable resource -- Our Employees.
We offer an excellent Health & Welfare benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, accident, and disability insurance, and a retirement savings package that includes a 401(k) plan with 6% matching contributions and an employer paid pension plan. We also offer competitive pay, performance incentives, and career growth with our Training & Professional Development program. In addition, we provide a healthy environment and work/life balance along with paid holidays, personal days, paid vacation, and sick leave.
TWIA & TFPA is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity.
All resumes submitted on behalf of an applicant by a third party to any employee at TWIA & TFPA via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of TWIA & TFPA. No fee will be paid to any third party in the event the candidate is hired by TWIA & TFPA as a result of the referral or through other means, unless TWIA & TFPA have previously entered into a contract for placement assistance with such party.