The Coordinator - Literacy Blueprint position coordinates the literacy work outlined in the City Schools Blueprint for Success, including but not limited to providing project management of the district’s Blueprint literacy strategy, supervising school-based literacy coaches, and coordinating work with relevant vendor/partner organizations to provide coaching and professional development content to teachers, school leaders, district leaders, and literacy coaches.
- Supports the Executive Director of Teaching and Learning and the Director of Literacy. Languages, and Culture with long and short term planning for the district’s Blueprint literacy strategy.
- Coordinates and project manages the implementation of the City Schools Blueprint for Success in literacy.
- Coordinates the development and delivery of ongoing professional development aligned to the Blueprint
- Coordinates the work of vendors/partners who provide coaching and professional development aligned to the
- Uses data collected to strategically support the needs of teachers, schools, and literacy coaches.
- Develops and provides appropriate guidance for schools and school leaders at the district’s literacy intensive sites.
- Collaborates with multiple offices across the organization to ensure cohesive implementation of the Blueprint strategy for literacy.
- Works in partnership with a highly-motivated team from multiple offices to advance teaching and learning in the district.
- Keeps the Director of Literacy, Languages, and Culture abreast of all matters related to literacy.
- Master’s degree in education or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Maryland State Department of Education Advanced Professional Certificate with Administrator I endorsement.
- Three years teaching experience in English/language arts.
- Three years’ experience developing and delivering professional development to teachers.
- Extensive knowledge of the Maryland College and Career-Ready Standards.
- Demonstrated ability to relate positively to colleagues, children, and families; and make decisions in accordance with laws, ordinances, regulations, and established procedures.
- Strong organization and strategic planning skills; ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience managing large scale projects.
- Knowledge of current research and best practices in adult learning and facilitation
- Knowledge of current research in literacy best practices.