At Rocketship Public Schools, we believe in the infinite possibility of human potential.
We believe that every student deserves the right to dream, to discover, and to develop their unique potential. And it is our responsibility and our privilege to unleash the potential inside every Rocketeer we serve. Our non-profit network of public elementary charter schools propels student achievement, develops exceptional educators, and partners with parents who enable high-quality public schools to thrive in their community. We are a collective of parents, teachers, leaders, and students working together to transform the future for underserved communities across our country. At Rocketship Public Schools, we are unleashing potential.The Position
The Paraprofessional will be responsible for providing individual and small group instruction for students with both special and typical learning needs in the general education environment including, but not limited to: the classroom, recess, and lunch area. The Paraprofessional will work under the supervision of a certificated Education Specialist who will provide weekly oversight, training and direction.
- Under the direction of the special education case manager, implement individual and small group instruction for students with special education needs
- Collaborate with students' case managers to assess student progress towards goals on a consistent basis; communicate student progress with case managers and general education teachers
- Implement behavior management strategies during small group and individual instruction in order to support student engagement
- Support the implementation of behavior intervention plans that have been developed by students' case managers; Record data for individualized instructional programs and positive behavior support plans.
- A team player who is detail-oriented, resourceful and able to manage his/her responsibility with confidence and discretion
- Comfort in a start-up environment with flexibility
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
- Passion for working with young children
- At least 2 years of college or passing score on Rocketship's Paraprofessional Assessment required
- Experience working with students with disabilities desired
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and communicate with both adults and children. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally climb ladders. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to high.Compensation:
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Rocketship Public Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Rocketship Public Schools complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Rocketship Public Schools expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Rocketship Public Schools' employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated. Click here for our Sexual Harassment Policy
and here for our Title IX Policy
. For questions, concerns, or complaints, please contact Equity/Discrimination Title IX Compliance Officer, Kenzie Kilb. Email: [email protected]
Address: 350 Twin Dolphin Drive, Suite 109, Redwood City, CA 94065. Phone: 877-806-0920 ext. 115.