Special Educator/Learning Specialist
Essex Westford School District
We are seeking a skilled professional to join a middle school team as a learning specialist to support the learning of all students. The position is part-time (0.70 FTE).? The position shall involve consultation to a vertical and grade level team, and evaluating and developing intervention programs with a focus on literacy, math and behavior.?? Responsibilities include case management of student plans including EST, 504, and IEP.?? Candidates with the following qualifications are encouraged to apply:
- Valid VT Educator license with a Special Educator (3-82) or Consulting Teacher (3-85) endorsement
- Strong math, literacy, and/or behavior background
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a teaching team and as a team of learning specialists
- Successful co-teaching experience desirable
- Demonstrated commitment to the belief that all children can learn and succeed in school
- Possess knowledge and skill in implementing standards based curricula, differentiated instruction and formative assessment in a collaborative environment.
- Candidates with knowledge of MTSS and experience working in schools that have implemented this systems approach desirable
For more information or to apply, please click apply now and enter Job ID .
The Burlington Free Press.Category: Education, Keywords: Learning Specialist