If you are our next Director of Special Education, you are organized, strategic, and knowledgeable. You have spent years helping scholars with disabilities grow by using data to drive intervention services, and you’ve stayed up-to-date on the best practices for working within a diverse student population and following the protocols and regulations of your local school, state, and nation. You are an excellent coach–personable and direct. You have a relentless desire to ensure the best instruction for each and every learner.
About the Role
In this role, you will:
- Drive the vision for outstanding special education services at Rocky Mountain Prep
- Ensure compliance with all applicable district and state special education regulations
- Provide professional development to school leadership regarding special education and student services
- Directly coach and support special education teachers and leaders; provide differentiated training for them throughout the year
- Support in the recruitment and hiring of new special education staff members
- Collaborate with members of the network academic team to ensure Tier 1 instruction is inclusive for the needs of diverse learners
- Analyze network-wide data to determine progress toward goals and isolate next steps to address gaps between general education and special education populations
- 3+ years of lead teaching experience in a public elementary school special education setting
- Current CO teaching license with a special education generalist (5-21) and/or special education specialist (5-21) endorsement(s)
- 2+ years of experience as a school administrator or special education program administrator with direct teacher coaching responsibilities
- Undergraduate and/or graduate degree in special education
- Experience teaching or leading in a centers-based special education setting
- Experience leading special education initiatives at a CMO, district, or state level
- This is a full-time, in-person position based in the Denver-metro area
- Must be available to start work in June 2021
RMP is an equal opportunity employer. We seek applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Thank you so much for considering Rocky Mountain Prep for the next stage in your teaching career. We look forward to getting to know you and to sharing more about us. Please reach out with any questions!