• Assist the Chief Strategy and Development Officer in
• Write applications for competitive government grant opportunities.
• Research, identify and
• Develop a deep understanding of the PLA platform to ensure integrity and quality of applications and budgets.
• Coordinate efforts with internal departments and outside agencies to effectively secure and renew state and federal funds.
• Ensure timely submission of projects, amendments, reports, etc.
• Assist with the preparation for partner/donor site visits.
• Provide technical
• Remain up-to-date on changing laws and requirements.
• Willingness and ability to work some evenings and
• Light travel to training,
• Perform all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
• Bachelor or higher degree from an accredited university, with a preference for the following major/minors: Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Accounting or other business-related field.
• 2+ years of Professional Experience working in K-12 or non-profits, with a demonstrated commitment to PLA’s mission and the communities we serve.
• Superior writing, research and project management skills; grant writing experience a plus.
• Ability to develop, maintain, and analyze
• Knowledge of federal and state grant
• High proficiency with
• Must be able
• Adhere to the highest ethical standards.
• Capacity to listen to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
• Dependability, humility,
The Grant Writer is a