TenSquare is a national charter school support organization that works alongside schools and staff to make lasting and measurable change. Working in nine states and the District of Columbia, TenSquare has practice areas in school performance, talent services, facility development, and authorizer/agency support. TenSquare team members bring operational and management expertise from top tier schools and networks from around the country.
TenSquare works in partnership with schools and school systems to help them navigate the charter accountability landscape, grow and thrive in an increasingly competitive charter school environment, and improve student outcomes. Specifically, we:
- Provide strategic and focused accountability coaching for leaders and boards;
- Develop and help implement high-impact and proven instructional coaching strategies and professional development to increase student achievement;
- Strengthen organizational performance through enhanced processes for budgeting, staffing, scheduling, compliance, and other operational priorities;
- Conduct in-depth performance audits and create data-driven action plans and operational road maps for change;
- Provide performance data analysis and compliance support;
- Facilitate long-term capacity building, strategic planning, and turnaround initiatives;
- Recruit high performing teachers and leaders for PK-12 and Adult Ed schools;
- Support planning, development, and financing of facilities projects.
Our strategic, hands-on engagements have led to significant gains in student achievement and organizational performance as measured by state exams and authorizer report cards.
To learn more about TenSquare, visit our website at thetensquaregroup.com.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The School Improvement Leadership Coach leads, advises, and coaches leaders at TenSquare’s partner schools with the dual aim of growing individual leaders and reaching the school’s academic and organizational performance.
The School Improvement Leadership Coach is expected to work in-person at school partners across Washington, DC.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as strategic coach to school leadership focused on execution of school improvement initiatives
- Build the capacity of rising school leaders through regular coaching and strategic planning sessions focused on attaining student achievement outcomes in academic and non-academic areas
- Support school leaders in designing and implementing the school program and operations to meet charter and accountability goals
- Develop the primary school leader’s ability to set the school-wide vision, identify achievement goals, and manage teachers and staff toward achieving the vision and goals
- Facilitate school improvement leadership meetings, ensuring leadership is focused on defined outcomes
- Provide advice and support to school leaders on school-wide professional development
- Analyze school data and support school leaders in interpreting and using data to lead performance. Help school leaders manage changes to the school program based on data-driven outcomes, to ensure the school meets its goals
- Implement the school improvement support strategy with school leaders, as developed in
- collaboration with TenSquare leadership including supporting day-to-day school operations, teaching and learning
- Inform the evaluation of school leadership
- Advise and support talent-sourcing for the school
- Support the day-to-day school program, as needed
Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications:
Educational Background and Work Experience
- Results as a leadership coach or school leader including but not limited to roles as an Executive Director/Head of School, Principal, or Director-level administrator;
- Experience leading high performing secondary schools with a deep understanding of academics, school culture, student development preferred;
- A proven track record of raising student achievement, preferably in high-need schools or with high-need student populations;
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, required
- Master’s degree preferred
Skills and Characteristics
- A performance- and results-driven approach to school leadership and student outcomes;
- Proven ability to facilitate teams and manage leaders toward concrete outcomes;
- Experience coaching school staff to instructional excellence;
- Keen knack and finesse with leading adults to high performance and outcomes;
- Strong familiarity with the Common Core standards, and experience with the PARCC exam a plus;
- Comfort analyzing, synthesizing, and prioritizing data to solve problems and develop strategies to achieve ambitious academic goals;
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills;
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills;
- Strong project management skills;
- A demonstrated passion for advancing educational opportunities in low-income communities; knowledge of the charter school movement, a plus.
To apply for the School Improvement Leadership Coach position, please complete an application using this link. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Absolutely no phone calls.
TenSquare provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, TenSquare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.