The Instructional Coach is a critical lever in improving student achievement. The role of the coach is to build teacher capacity and instructional practices, support their understanding of the Namaste mission and pillars, model a passion for education reform and demonstrate leadership and innovation as it relates to teaching and data-driven instruction. An instructional coach is a support person who models continuous improvement, lifelong learning, and goes above and beyond to ensure student success. All instructional coaches work collaboratively as a team with members of the Administrative, Diverse Learning, Bilingual and Student Success teams. Instructional coaches promote reflection, provide guidance and structure where needed, and focus on strengths, collaboration and development. They are responsible for ensuring high-quality instruction in classrooms through coaching, modeling, co-planning, co-teaching and providing feedback to teachers.
- Demonstrate effectiveness in the monitoring and implementation of Namaste’s coaching model.
- Observe, model, and co-teach lessons in classrooms on to on a consistent basis.
- Support the instructional development of all teachers in understanding of the Danielson Framework for Teaching and Learning.
- Provide direction and coordination for curriculum implementation consistent with NCS initiatives and recognized best instructional practices.
- Assist teachers with planning and pacing of lessons, the development of tiered lessons, and the selection of best practices to meet the needs of their students.
- Complete formal evaluations as directed by administration.
- Develop staff members’ knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behaviors through a variety of professional development targeted topics and designs.
- Develop and support coaching plans for teachers to ensure student improvement and submit a weekly coaching log and any pertinent data requests/coaching documentation.
- Utilize Adult Learning Theory to drive improvement of professional practice.
- Bachelor’s Degree (required), Advanced Degree preferred
- Spanish fluency and literacy (preferred)
- 5+ years of teaching experience
- Instructional Coaching experience (preferred)