The Family Engagement Coordinator serves as a liaison between school administrators, faculty, staff, and Namaste parents to support parents with opportunities to be positively involved in their children’s education. This key position will improve communication between the school and the students’ families, promote parent engagement in the education process, and encourage greater community involvement across the school community. This is a full-time, school calendar-year position.
- Conduct outreach to parents to encourage their participation in school life, School Improvement Team, volunteerism, Parent/Teacher Conferences, school events, and their children’s attendance in school and after-school programs.
- Work collaboratively with the Leadership Team to promote program/event participation, community involvement and other shared responsibilities.
- Disseminate and collect appropriate evaluation data (attendance, surveys, etc.) necessary to support program success.
- Review and monitor participation and interest data to manage student and family participation/volunteerism and retention.
- Work closely with the school and the community to ensure strong communication and partnership between parents, schools and community.
- Plan, execute, and reflect on family/community events and workshops/trainings based on family/community needs.
- Coordinate incentives such as field trips, childcare, awards, games, and other fun family engagement activities to encourage family participation in school related events.
- Excellent communication skills, customer service and follow-up.
- Coordinate family events/workshops and lead Parent Committees meetings.
- Demonstrate knowledge of community-based programs with a clear understanding of urban issues and communities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Spanish fluency and literacy
- 3+ years of experience in community-facing role (preferred)