The Impact Analytics Coordinator is responsible for supporting the data management, progress monitoring, and reporting activities that enable City Year personnel to deliver data-informed service and support to students and partner schools. The Impact Analytics Coordinator will be part of the Program and Service team, a group of dedicated and passionate professionals who believe that talented and diverse AmeriCorps members can have a dramatic impact on student success.
The Impact Analytics Coordinator will report to the Impact Analytics Manager. In addition to supporting ongoing data collection, management and presentation, the Impact Analytics Coordinator will support the Impact Analytics team in building a culture of student progress monitoring among staff and corps to maximize outcomes for students with higher needs.
City Year values and continuously works to build an equitable and inclusive culture where diverse people feel they belong.
- Assist the Impact Analytics team with the collection of student-level data to ensure accurate progress monitoring and reporting to CYLA leadership, staff and corps.
- Support the set-up and administration of multiple enterprise assessment platforms (HMH, DESSA).
- Extract, transform, and load (ETL) data into City Year’s databases and reports in a timely manner.
- Process daily updates/changes to student-level data and respond to staff data requests and questions as needed.
- Support the accurate and timely reporting of data to City Year Headquarters and multiple funding organizations.
- Support the Impact Analytics team in the creation and maintenance of progress monitoring dashboards / data visualizations field based staff and volunteers.
- Assist the Impact Analytics team in designing and delivering trainings for staff and AmeriCorps members on City Year’s data systems and frameworks.
- Support the broader service team in providing supports to other departments as needed through independent projects
- Ability to interpret and display data to engage audiences.
- Strong desire and ability to learn new hard and soft skills.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated ability to translate project goals into an action plan and to organize resources to meet timelines/deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to build professional relationships with diverse peers and external partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organization, and customer service skills.
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and experience supporting multi-faceted projects.
- Adhere to laws and regulations governing student data privacy (FERPA).
Preferred but not required
- One year of data analysis experience (academic or professional preferred).
- Advanced Proficiency using Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in coding and business analytics a plus.
- Experience with Power BI, Tableau, Sisense, or other data visualization tools
- City Year and AmeriCorps alumni are encouraged to apply.
Compensation and Benefits
Full time employees are entitled to compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits for full time employees include health insurance with Flexible Spending Account, paid vacation, holidays, parental leave, 401K, and more.
City Year is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. Individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, including persons with disabilities and veterans.