Support identified campuses through turnaround plan development utilizing the Effective Schools Framework design. Assist campus leadership teams through professional development, observation, coaching, and feedback to meet the needs of campuses, districts and campus administrators in support of the ESC’s core purpose and strategic goals.
1. Texas Educator Certificate
2. Principal Certificate
1. Three years of experience in campus administration as an assistant principal and/or principal or three years of district-level leadership experience
2. Five years of teaching experience in a traditional district/charter school
3. Experience in developing and presenting professional development
Special Knowledge and Skills
1. Demonstrated success in leading major district/campus improvement initiatives
2. Ability to analyze complex datasets to inform decision-making
3. Broad-base knowledge of effective campus practices in instructional leadership, staff and student culture, well-supported teachers, high-quality curriculum, and data-driven instruction Exemplary written and oral communication skills
4. Demonstrated skill in motivating and influencing others towards outcomes through the use of effective coaching
5. Ability to set goals and develop and meet timelines with limited supervision
1. T-TESS certification
2. AEL certification
3. T-PESS certification
1. Develop, present, and facilitate effective professional development for campus and district leadership teams.
2. Develop tools and resources to support school improvement.
3. Provide technical assistance and customized services.
4. Provide leadership in planning, developing, and implementing campus and district improvement plans.
5. Assist Region 4 campuses and districts in school improvement with the planning and implementation of ongoing needs assessment and services.
6. Collaborate with team members in the planning of grant activities to meet the school improvement needs of campuses and districts.
7. Engage in professional development to maintain knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
8. Participate in state-level functions related to area(s) of responsibility.
9. Provide technical assistance and services as specified by any applicable federal grant that funds this position.