Provide professional development and services, develop products, and participate in special project activities in the area of related services, including assistive technology, and accessing the general education curriculum for students with disabilities that support the ESC’s core purpose and strategic goals.
Texas State Board Educator Certificate or professional license/certificate in related field, such as Speech Language Pathology (SLP), Occupational Therapy (OT), Physical Therapy (PT), Assistive Technology Professional (ATP)
1. Three years district and/or campus level leadership experience in special education programming and related services
2. Five years’ experience working with children with disabilities in public schools
3. Experience with Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
4. Experience creating and supporting accessible instructional/educational materials
5. Experience coaching school staff to support assistive technology in the classroom
6. Experience developing and presenting professional development for adult learners in a variety of formats (face-to-face, online, blended learning, coaching and mentoring models, etc.)
7. Experience leading and participating in collaborative teams
Special Knowledge and Skills
1. Broad-based knowledge in rules and regulations related to special education and related services (AT, OT, PT)
2. Broad based knowledge in pedagogy and programming for students with disabilities, including students with visual impairments, in public schools including use of assistive technology
3. Exemplary written and oral communication skills
1. Extensive professional development portfolio covering related services, assistive technology tools, evaluation processes, and implementation strategies
2. Classroom experience in special and general education settings
1. Provide leadership in assisting customer districts in planning, developing and implementing services to meet the academic and technology needs of students with disabilities.
2. Provide leadership to customer districts in designing effective instruction in accessing content through appropriate adaptations/technologies, frameworks such as Universal Design for Learning (UDL) and educational material accessibility.
3. Provide leadership to districts related to compliance with state and federal laws and State Board of Education rules and regulations.
4. Develop, present, and facilitate effective professional development.
5. Develop products to support related services, technology, instruction and programming.
6. Assist in planning and developing special project activities, e.g., grant proposals, interdepartmental services, demonstration sites, research studies and other customer-based projects.
7. Engage in professional development to maintain knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
8. Participate in state level functions related to area(s) of responsibility.
9. Analyze data to evaluate the program effectiveness within the ESC and for customer districts. 10. Provide technical assistance and services as specified by any applicable federal grant that funds this position.