Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools :
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years - that's 3 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our current regions an d new launches in Tampa Bay , FL (2021) , and Jacksonville, FL (2022) !
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video
. About Permian Basin
Permian Basin is a large region encompassing the majority of West Texas. When you think of the Permian Basin, think oil country, Friday Night Lights, sunny days, and gorgeous sunsets. The two major cities that IDEA Public Schools will serve are Midland and Odessa, located about 15 miles from each other and situated almost exactly halfway between El Paso and Fort Worth.
Though only 17% of residents have a college degree, the community is eager to innovate, partner, and transform the education system for the next generation of scholars. IDEA Public Schools is proud to launch in Permian Basin as a high-quality education opportunity for families, with a commitment to serve over 10,000 students at scale by launching 14 schools across Midland and Odessa. Role Mission:
The SIS Regional Coordinator works cooperatively with the Operations Manager and HQ leaders to determine training and development schedules to help staff create long term career plans. The mission for the SIS Regional Coordinator is to ensure the highest standards of data compliance through quarterly audits with 95% success by the end of year. They are tasked with achieving 100% campuses fully staffed and onboarded by July of approaching Academic year, 85% SIS and Registrar retention, 100% of all "training" operating mechanisms are coordinated and managed effectively, and 100% Data Accuracy measured by PEIMS state data submission with regard to the functions he/she owns. The SIS Regional Coordinator will equip staff with the knowledge, practical skills and motivation to carry out work-related tasks.Accountabilities Meets (or exceeds) an Average Daily Attendance (ADA) of 97.5%
85% Retention of SIS Coordinators and Registrars
- Develops and continuously improves student attendance processes
- Improves training sessions on increasing student attendance and compliance
- Provides technical guidance for student attendance
- Collaborates with SIS campus staff and campus leaders to develop strategies to improve ADA
Ensure highest standards of data compliance through quarterly audits with a 95% success rate by EOY
- Create organizational development strategy for SIS Coordinators and Registrars; oversee its implementation and assess its outcomes.
- Draw an individualized development plan that addresses needs and expectations for campus SIS Coordinators and Registrars
- Responsible for hiring/onboarding/training of their region SIS Coordinators and Registrars
- Coach and develop SIS/Registrar skill sets on best practices and tools to use in the field
- Trains on use of tracking mechanisms to help manage around Campus Operations and SIS goals
- Execute onboarding practices to ensure each new team member is set up for success based on the unique responsibilities of their role
- Ensure that all Campus SIS Conference calls and campus SIS Monthly Meetings are organized and deliver quality training
- Partner with Operations Manager to develop a comprehensive scope and sequence for campus SIS Coordinators and Registrars
100% campuses ready by the first day of school
- Improves processes to identify student data errors and holds SIS campus staff accountable for correcting
- Coaches and develops campus staff on processes and strategies to eliminate student data errors
- Serves as a liaison with the SIS Data team to define data accuracy and requirements
- Serves as the process, data and compliance expert for student attendance
Excellent Customer Service
- Leads efforts to ensure 100% of SIS campus team members are hired, on-boarded and trained
- Leads efforts to ensure 100% of teachers take attendance on the first day of school
- Leads efforts to ensure 100% of student enrollment data errors are eliminated by the first day of school
- Leads efforts to ensure 100% of SIS campus staff members report accurate attendance and enrollment
- Answering all phone calls and correspondence
We look for Team and Family who embody the followingvaluesand characteristics:
- Communicate with school staff, administrators, parents and outside agencies to exchange information, coordinate activities and resolve issues, concerns and questions regarding SIS data and directives
- Internally and with district partners, contribute to a growing culture of analytics to ensure campus, regional, and national staff are working smarter versus harder in identifying root causes behind gaps and meaningful interventions
- Believes and is committed to our missionand being an agent of change: that all studentsare capable of gettingto and through college
- Has demonstrated effectiveoutcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improvequickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationshipsin order toachieve outcomes
- We believe in education asa professionand hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Education: Associate degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Experience: A minimum of two years in student information systems or similar role with a record of results; Experience in K-12 education
- Familiarity with student information systems (PowerSchool, JCampus, DocumentLOK, OnDataSuite and various other state databases) preferred
- Knowledge of K-12 student attendance, enrollment and data state reporting requirements
Travel requirements: 80% within their assigned region(s)Compensation:
- Salary is commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment. $48,969-$57,293
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.