Job Goal: Provide professional development and services, develop educational resources, and participate in special project activities in the area of Elementary Mathematics, including bilingual and dual-language programs, which support the ESC’s core purpose and strategic goals.
Valid Texas Teacher Certificate with certification area(s) that include K – grade 5 and bilingual education
Core Subjects: Early Childhood – Grade 6 with bilingual certification
1. Five years teaching experience in K-5 mathematics, including experiences in bilingual and/or dual-language programs
2. Three years of experience in leadership positions related to mathematics, such as team leader, instructional coach, instructional specialist, or curriculum coordinator
3. Experience in developing and presenting effective professional development
4. Experience in providing effective instructional coaching, including peer coaching
Special Knowledge and Skills
1. Broad-based knowledge of K-5 mathematics pedagogy, assessment, and instructional technology
2. Ability to work effectively and efficiently within and across collaborative teams
3. Exemplary written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish
1. Develop, present, and facilitate effective professional development.
2. Develop and foster instructional coaching relationships that result in positive student outcomes. 3. Develop educational resources to support instruction and positive student outcomes.
4. Provide support to educators, campuses, and districts by answering questions related to area(s) of responsibility.
5. Provide leadership in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating professional development, instructional coaching, and educational resources in the area(s) of responsibility.
6. Assist with planning and implementation of ongoing needs assessment and services for traditional school districts and charter schools.
7. Assist in planning and developing special project activities, e.g., grant proposals, interdepartmental collaboration, demonstration sites, research studies, and other customer-based projects.
8. Engage in professional development to maintain and increase depth of knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
9. Participate in state level functions related to area(s) of responsibility.
10. Provide assistance and services as specified by any applicable federal grant that funds this position.