Job Goal: Provide professional development and services, develop educational resources, and participate in special project activities in the area of Secondary Mathematics which support the ESC’s core purpose and strategic goals.
Valid Texas Teacher Certificate with certification area(s) that include grades 6-8 mathematics and high school mathematics
1. Five years teaching experience in mathematics in grades 7 and 8, Algebra I, Geometry, and/or Algebra II that includes blended learning contexts for students
2. Three years of experience in leadership positions related to mathematics, such as team leader, instructional coach, instructional specialist, or curriculum coordinator
3. Experience in developing and presenting effective professional development, including experiences with blended learning
4. Experience in providing effective instructional coaching, including peer coaching
Special Knowledge and Skills
1. Broad-based knowledge of secondary mathematics pedagogy, assessment, instructional technology, and instructional coaching
2. Ability to work effectively and efficiently within and across collaborative teams
3. Exemplary written and oral communication skills
1. Develop, present, and facilitate effective professional development in varied settings, including blended learning environments.
2. Develop and foster instructional coaching relationships that result in positive student outcomes. 3. Develop educational resources to support instruction and positive student outcomes.
4. Provide support to educators, campuses, and districts by answering questions related to area(s) of responsibility.
5. Provide leadership in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating professional development, instructional coaching, and educational resources in the area(s) of responsibility.
6. Assist with planning and implementation of ongoing needs assessment and services for traditional school districts and charter schools.
7. Assist in planning and developing special project activities, e.g., grant proposals, interdepartmental services, demonstration sites, research studies, and other customer-based projects.
8. Engage in professional development to maintain and increase depth of knowledge and skills in area(s) of responsibility.
9. Participate in state level functions related to area(s) of responsibility.
10. Provide assistance and services as specified by any applicable federal grant that funds this position.