Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools :
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years - that's 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our current regions an d new launches in Tampa Bay , FL (2021) , and Jacksonville, FL (2022) !
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video
. About San Antonio
San Antonio is the nation's 7 th largest city and boasts the highest rate of population growth across the U.S. As the San Antonio region continues to grow rapidly, IDEA is committed to increasing our community presence to provide the best educational experience for all families and children.
In May 2019, we welcomed our region's first graduating seniors. We believe through the hard work of our passionate IDEA Team & Family; college acceptance and matriculation can be realized. Currently, 1 in 6 San Antonio students' graduate college ready. Changing this statistic for the better is part of the promise IDEA makes to current and incoming students.
Join our IDEA San Antonio family as we are poised to serve over 20,000 students at 30 schools in the region by 2022. Role Mission:
The mission for the Registrar is to achieve 97.5% average daily attendance, 100% enrollment, maintain 100% data accuracy and 100% compliance with IDEA's attendance procedures. The Registrar organizes all of the campus operation tasks with key stakeholders and executes campus operation processes that bind to our student information system (PowerSchool). Accountabilities: 97.50% ADA for Academy & College Prep
- Owns the attendance process for College Prep students
- Works with students, staff and parents to ensure students attend school every day
- Communicates attendance reporting to staff, including: Chronic absenteeism, Progress Towards Goal by Day, Absence calculator
100% Projected Enrollment for Academy & College Prep
- Documents all attendance changes and corrects attendance data within 24 hours
- Ensure teacher attendance submission is in line with official attendance taking time
- Ensures all paper rosters are signed and dated (if applicable)
- Ensures all attendance report submissions are submitted on time
100% of Student Records received by the First Week of School (FWOS)
- Paper attendance and student enrollment reconciliation processes solidified two weeks prior to school
- Enrollment goal is consistently hit every week after the first week of school
- Student records are requested timely from other districts
- All records requests fulfilled within 10 days
100% of Existing Students Registered by May 1
- All PEIMS deadlines are met based on the SIS operating calendar
- Increase awareness and provide consistent communication with all key stakeholders (PEIMS Data Quality Team - including Academic Counselor, ELL Coordinator, 504 Coordinator, and Cafeteria Manager)
- Increase awareness with key stakeholders (including ELL Coordinator, 504 Coordinator, HQ SPED Clerk and SPED teachers)
- 25% of cumulative folders completed by September, 50% by October, and 75% by November
- Grade Verification, Re-registration, End of Year tasks, PET/PID, School and Section Enrollment Audits, Transcripts are completed timely and accurately
Campus safe and operational one week before the first day of school
- Works closely with parents and business partners to ensure that parents are able to re-register through appropriate channels
- Create paper rosters for the official attendance taking period (OATP)
- Verify enrollment numbers prior to the daily enrollment call
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- If enrollment numbers are not met, create a plan to address the gap
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Mission Focus - focuses on IDEA's core purpose of getting all students into college
- Record of Results - holds high expectations for self and others to achieve and surpass intended goals
- Problem Solving - able to synthesize, analyze, and prioritize data and opportunities to develop strategies for achieving quantifiable goals
- Communication - effectively conveys information using a variety of channels and techniques
- Continuous Improvement - proactively identifies opportunities to improve and consistently reflects on past actions to guide future decisions
- Education: HS diploma or GED required
- Experience: Experience with records or student information desired
- Salaries for this role typically fall between $16.96-$21.20, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.