Position at IDEA Public Schools
About IDEA Public Schools :
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years - that's 3 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA's co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you-with continued growth in our current regions an d new launches in Tampa Bay , FL (2021) , and Jacksonville, FL (2022) !
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video
. About El Paso
In 2018, IDEA launched 4 schools that support our promise of college for all students in the El Paso region. El Paso has consistently been rated as one of the safest cities in the United States of America for over 20 consecutive years. In addition to this ranking, El Paso was also selected as a 2018 All-America City, earned the Governor's Achievement Award, and was named the fifth-best small city in America.
Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a school of 150 students in Donna, TX to the fastest- growing family of tuition-free, public charter schools in the United States. In 2020, we will grow to 8 schools serving El Paso and Socorro. Role Mission
Social Worker s work directly with our at-risk scholars to ensure that they graduate from IDEA and go to and through college by providing them individualized emotional, behavioral and mental health support. The goal is to work with a large group of at-risk scholars and have them independently master coping skills to address and overcome mental, behavioral, and academic challenges. Responsibilities:
- Schedule individualized and reoccurring sessions to address mental health needs
- Establish individualize d counseling goals for scholars
- Use knowledge and understanding of the reciprocal influences of home, school, and community to intervene for scholar success via such practices as assessment, crisis intervention, home visits, conflict resolution, individual and group counseling, consultation, program development, dropout prevention and coordination of school and community services
- Inform Lead Team every time there is a potential persistence concern
- Communicate with family to figure out root cause and develop solutions to address c oncerns
- Collaborate with lead team to create a joyful, respectful school culture where scholars want to come to school
- Assist with campus joy factor, events and celebrations
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Collaborates with teachers of concern to develop a plan to address failing grades concerns.
- Communicates with families regarding weekly progress as needed.
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all studentsare capable of gettingto and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improvequickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with students and families based on trust, understanding and respect for the communities in which they identify.
- Participate in weekly manager check-ins, grade-level meetings, parent meetings, parent information sessions, before and after-school duties, and school wide meetings and functions
- Engage in summer and year-long district, school and personal learning and development
- Minimum of 40+ hours spent at school per week
Knowledge and Skills:
- Education: Master's degree required
- Experience: Teaching experience preferred; Ability to write and speak Spanish preferred
- Licensure: Social work license required (LMSW or LCSW)
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adjust and adapt to a multitude of situations in the school environment
- Ability to build solid student and family relationships
- Salaries for this role typically fall between $51,946 and $61,816 commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.