Development Director NorCal Public Media seeks experienced Director of Development.
Northern California Public Media (NCPM) seeks a passionate and successful fundraiser to lead our development department. Based in Sonoma County, CA, NCPM serves the San Francisco region. This fast-growing organization, comprised of two public television stations and one public radio station, offers PBS and NPR programming to the community.
The Director of Development leads the implementation of all fundraising activities to fulfill our mission, including membership contributions, major giving, grants, underwriting, on-air fundraising, and special events.
The successful candidate will be a strong communicator who's a self-starter, focused on teamwork, and committed to serving our community. Great organizational skills and the capacity to manage multiple projects with a vision to grow and create new revenue streams are paramount, plus a proven track record in fundraising on-air, online, direct mail, foundations, corporations, major donors, planned giving, and grants.
- Prospect and identify potential major donors for giving at the leadership level
- Develop and implement major donor and underwriting program
- Seek ongoing enrichment of relationships through networking, outreach to business, civic engagement, involvement with the arts and education communities, and through other membership organizations
- Establish and maintain ongoing relationships with donors and foundations
- Coordinate regular communication with members and donors via mail campaigns, email, and face-to-face relationships
- In close collaboration with the staff, provide input on marketing materials (web, on-air, printed materials, etc.) and strategies for individual campaigns
- Publicly represent NCPM with professionalism, positivity, and genuine interest in the communities we serve
- Manage materials such as proposals, reports, and correspondence
- Maintain a comprehensive development calendar for fiscal year
- Seek, develop, and submit grant proposals
- Analyze a variety of reports to inform development efforts
- Set fundraising goals and appropriately communicate goals to staff
- Regularly report to the staff and board on fundraising activity
- Assist with event planning and execution
- Minimum experience: 5 years with 2+ years of managing employees and volunteers
- Minimum education: Bachelor's degree or combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
- Experience in fundraising with a focus on individual solicitation
- Grant writing, grant management and reporting experience
- Strong computer skills with a demonstrated familiarity of computer systems, and proficiency in computer word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, and databases such as Memsys
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in online platforms such as email, shared drives, mass communications, and databases
- Ability to manage multiple projects and competing deadlines with an attention to accuracy
- Creating and managing department budget and project budgets
- Ability to adhere to deadlines
- A high degree of confidentiality
- Spanish conversation and writing skills a plus
- Experience in public media a plus
NCPM is an EOE