Title: UW Support Specialists
Department: Customer Services & Support
Reports To: Manager - Customer Services & Support
This position will provide processing and technical support to the Underwriting Department. This position will be assessed based on productivity, accuracy and thoroughness, and ability to learn and apply new skills.
Roles and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Multi-line rating
- Issuance of multi-line quotes and policies
- Issue bind confirmations for new and renewal policies
- Process policy changes which include endorsements, cancellations, non-renewals, and reinstatements
- Resolve problems relating to processing and eliminate delays
- Inspection ordering and recommendation letters
- Responding to agent's and insured's requests for loss runs and copies of forms/endorsements.
- Reinsurance entries and cargo filings.
- Assist with submission and transaction set ups
- Assisting in the quality control /peer review process for the Underwriting Services team.
Professional Qualifications (knowledge, skills, experience, education/ certifications)
To qualify for this position, candidates must possess strong customer service proficiency, be well organized and able to work independently. This is also a dynamic team environment requiring high levels of collaboration and partnership. The ability to understand priorities and meet deadlines, and good oral and written communication skills are essential. Strong attention to detail and proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and typing of a minimum of 50 words per minute are required. High school education or equivalent and one to two years insurance experience preferred.
Success Factors/Personal Attributes
- Strong results orientation, focusing on outcomes, delivering on commitment and deadlines and executing relentlessly
- Customer focus, continually responding with a sense of urgency
- Entrepreneurial qualities, such as trying innovative solutions, resiliency to change and recognizing what is most important to get done
- Teamwork, providing and welcoming open, honest, respectful and constructive feedback and jumping in to get the work done, even when not asked
- Accuracy and thoroughness, completing tasks with minimal mistakes
- Technical Proficiency, ability to learn and apply new skills
- Productivity, find efficient ways to increase the number of transactions handled
This description is intended to describe the general nature of the job. It is not intended to be an "all-inclusive" list of the roles and responsibilities, or skills and abilities required to do the job.