Position Title: Program Manager, Learning & Development (L&D)What we need:
Are you energized by the opportunity to
'Challenge the Status Quo'? Do you
possess an entrepreneurial spirit? If
you're gritty, smart and looking for a role where you can have a meaningful
impact, Cetera Financial Group may be a perfect fit. We are seeking an experienced L&D Program
Manager, with high-energy and creative abilities to develop and deliver high-impact
learning solutions at a growing financial services firm.
The ideal candidate thrives in a dynamic environment and is comfortable working on multiple projects and can
'build from scratch' in a fast-paced environment. This person will have ownership over employee training design,
delivery and program management. They must demonstrate fierce
ownership over the programs they manage while insisting on the highest
standards of quality. They will be a strong program manager with experience in
the L&D space who has successfully managed large scale programs that
require attention to detail and the management and coordination of several
moving parts.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities to be Successful in this Role
- Quickly obtain working understanding of the
organization, strategy and industry to operate with institutional context
surrounding development needs and solutions.
- Partner, consult and support Leaders, HR team
members and other stakeholders to identify individual and team performance
needs and ensure engagement in and effectiveness of L&D solutions.
- Translate development
needs to appropriate learning objectives and solutions that accelerate
performance, management capability and have a measurable impact on business
- Manage portfolio of L&D projects, including
planning work, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track,
using time well, and delivering results.
- Challenge the status quo when designing and
developing L&D solutions that align to business priorities.
- Create high-quality facilitator and participant
guides relevant to training content, including appropriate training aids,
media, and supporting materials.
- Identify opportunities to improve quality and
impact of training solutions, by taking an iterative approach to developing
content and implementing feedback from all stakeholder groups.
- Promote usage and adoption of L&D programs,
through execution of an effective L&D communication strategy.
- Maximize opportunities to engage learners when
facilitating training courses, both ILT and eLearning programs.
- Engage with managers and employees, at varying
levels of the organization, to assess techniques to support the role of the
manager in post-training reinforcement and application.
- Measure training effectiveness, through quantitative
and qualitative evaluation methods, and communicates the impact of development
solutions to business leaders through visual, written and oral presentations.
- Make prudent
recommendations for when to build versus buy development solutions and manage
vendor relationships, consultants, and contracts as needed.
- Support enterprise initiatives
such as Sr. Leader Meetings, enterprise change management and culture efforts.
- Travel when required, during peak times of
- Other duties as assigned.
- 8 years relevant experience in learning & development program management
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated project/process management ability to deliver projects on time, within scope and budget
- Familiarity with ADDIE model of Training Development
- Experience designing and developing training programs for all levels of employees, including senior leaders
- Strong facilitation skills, presence, poise, and persuasiveness
- Understanding of and ability to use diverse training delivery methods
- Knowledge and experience developing eLearning courses, creative concepts, scripts and storyboards
- Strong technical expertise with eLearning authoring software - experience with Articulate Storyline preferred
- Familiarity with maintaining learning programs via Learning Management System (LMS)
- Advanced computer proficiency and knowledge of MS PPT, Excel, Word
What we provide you in Return
- Ability to establish high level of credibility quickly; appropriate confidence to gain the trust and respect of key stakeholders and learners
- Proven track record of internal/external client management and success in cultivating relationships
- Ability to provide and receive constructive and positive feedback from all stakeholders and quickly implement feedback to achieve desired results
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity to solve problems and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and adaptability to shifting needs, evolving priorities, and urgent situations that arise
- Demonstrated maturity and poise under pressure
- Possess systematic thinking and seek opportunities for process improvement
- Ability to work independently yet remain an active member of a collaborative team
- Communicate effectively in visual, oral and written form; use active listening skills
- Analyze and use data to influence others and make sound decisions
- Ability to work independently, with a virtual team across multiple locations
- Desire to make an impact in a growing organization, while having fun!
We strive to provide an employee experience like no
other. We want you to join our winning
team and make your mark in the history of our company and profession. Beyond experience, our competitive Health
program offers a comprehensive benefits package that supports healthy
lifestyles, preventative care and helps to protect against hardship. Our
retirement plan offers our employees the opportunity to plan ahead for a strong
financial future well beyond their working years.About Cetera Financial Group
Through its multiple distinct firms, Cetera offers
independent and institutions-based advisors the benefits of a large,
established broker-dealer and registered investment adviser, while serving
advisors and institutions in a way that is customized to their needs and
aspirations. Advisor support resources offered through Cetera include
award-winning wealth management and advisory platforms, comprehensive
broker-dealer and registered investment adviser services, practice management
support and innovative technology. "Cetera
Financial Group" refers to the network of retail independent
broker-dealers encompassing, among others, Cetera Advisors, Cetera
Advisor Networks, Cetera Financial Institutions, Cetera Financial
Specialists, First Allied Securities, and Summit
Cetera Financial Group is committed to providing an
equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. For us, this is
the only acceptable way to do business. Accordingly, all employment decisions
at the Cetera Financial Group, including those relating to hiring, promotion,
transfers, benefits, compensation, and placement, will be made without regard
to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, physical and/or
mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic characteristics,
religion, religious dress and/or grooming, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, sexual orientation, marital status, U.S. military status, political
affiliation, or any other class protected by state and/or federal law. Please
: Cetera does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. Any unsolicited
resumes received from Agencies will be considered property of Cetera unless
specifically requested by Human Resources. Unsolicited resumes will be
ineligible for referral fees.