Ednovate launched its first school, USC Hybrid High, a personalized learning high school, in 2012. Since then, Ednovate has grown to five schools and is on a trajectory to continue to grow over the next several years. Ednovate is committed to serving in areas where students traditionally lack access to a quality college prep education by building tuition-free, safe, and high-performing public schools to serve neighborhoods that need it the most. Ednovate is currently planning for our next growth phase as we continue to fulfill our mission to make a positive multigenerational change within the communities we serve and in our profession.
Ednovate's Chief Academic Officer (CAO) will drive the organization to national leading academic outcomes by refining Ednovate's academic model, by ensuring alignment and effectiveness of assessments, and leading curriculum, data analysis, coaching, academic supports, compliance and more. The CAO will lead us in answering our organizational questions around personalization, purpose and community at higher levels each year.
- How do I customize the learning experience to better fit the needs of each student?
- How do I help each student think critically about their purpose for college and beyond?
- How do I help create a sense of belonging so no student ever feels alone?
We are looking for an educational leader who is motivated by innovation and collaboration to make a lasting positive multigenerational change in our communities.
Key Responsibilities & Outcomes:
- Academic Systems Building
- Define the academic bar for Ednovate and create assessments to measure that bar.
- Lead data and performance analysis.
- Drive compliance and policy.
- Create an instructional/curricular vision with materials that keep the organization on the cutting edge.
- Teaching and Learning
- Obtain top quartile academic outcomes and >80% success on ACRIs (Annual College Readiness Indicators) by managing the academic team to create instructional language, to build a strong culture of best practice sharing and to coach of instructional leaders in the organization.
- Special Education Supports
- Manage student supports to ensure 100% compliance and support of students with special needs and ELLs.
- Data Strategy
- Manage data team to analyze academic performance of network, schools and teachers to find bright spots and areas of opportunity.
- Create data reports that drive performance across whole organization.
- Academic Compliance
- Manage team to ensure 100% compliance with authorizers and regulatory agencies.
- Testing and PD logistics
- Manage the academic operations team to ensure that >90% of staff feel supported and that there time was well spent during school testing days and network professional development days.
- College and Alumni
- Manage the College & Alumni team to create and execute a strategy to ensure that 100% of students complete college or are on a stable career path.
- Leadership development and management of instructional leaders and teams
- Sound knowledge and practice of organizational development
- Ability to make hard decisions rooted in vision, values, best practice, and stakeholder input
- Ability to set clear academic priorities, develop strategic plans, and empower others to achieve them
- Deep knowledge of learner-driven, mastery-based and personalized learning & teaching
- Highly flexible and comfortable with change, growth, and possibility
- Skilled collaborator, communicator, and relationship-builder
- A proactive self-starter with the ability to multitask, establish and rearrange priorities, and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Relentless results-orientation
- Belief that all Ednovate students will succeed in college and make a Positive Multigenerational Change
- Unwavering determination to do whatever it takes to help our students succeed
- A history of high achievement and results
- Impressive work ethic ("good isn't good enough")
- Clear passion for Ednovate's Mission
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Serviced-focused mentality
Interested candidates should begin the process by submitting an application through Ednovate's website at http://www.ednovate.org/careers.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. A comprehensive compensation plan will include a competitive benefits package.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
Ednovate does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.