Ednovate launched its first school, USC Hybrid High, a personalized learning high school, in 2012. Since then, Ednovate has grown to five schools and is on a trajectory to continue to grow over the next several years. Ednovate is committed to serving in areas where students traditionally lack access to a quality college prep education by building tuition-free, safe, and high-performing public schools to serve neighborhoods that need it the most. Ednovate is currently planning for our next growth phase as we continue to fulfill our mission to make a positive multigenerational change within the communities we serve and in our profession.
Ednovate is seeking an innovative and results-focused Director of Development and External Affairs to build the vision for how Ednovate engages with our partners, key stakeholders and funders. The position will be responsible for driving outcomes related to fundraising, media and communications, government relations, and stakeholder management. As Ednovate continues to scale, this new position is an exciting and challenging opportunity to help us grow from 5 to 11 schools and expand the lasting positive multigenerational change we are making in our communities.
- Internal/External Relations
- Develop Marketing and Communications program, including media relationships, branding, website, public relations, social media and all external and internal collateral materials.
- Manage the external representation and image of Ednovate.
- Oversee advertising agency relationship to support student enrollment, staff recruitment and donor cultivation efforts.
- Represent Ednovate at various community, education and partner events.
- Stay on top of local, state and national education policy issues.
- Create and execute a $40MM capital campaign strategy and successfully fulfill by 2023.
- Create and execute a $22MM operational campaign strategy and successfully fulfill by 2023.
- Monitor progress toward fundraising goals for all campaigns and share regular updates with key stakeholders.
- Research and apply for relevant grant opportunities.
- Expand donors through research, networking opportunities, relationship building and outreach.
- Board Development
- Develop and manage board to meet fundraising and external engagement goals while supporting healthy governance of Ednovate.
- Demonstrated success in executing fundraising strategies
- A proactive self-starter with the ability to multitask, establish and rearrange priorities, and maintain focus in a fast-paced environment
- A process oriented thinker with strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Knowledge of public education and charter schools preferred, but not required
- Relentless results-orientation
- Belief that all Ednovate students will succeed in college and make a Positive Multigenerational Change
- Unwavering determination to do whatever it takes to help our students succeed
- A history of high achievement and results
- Impressive work ethic ("good isn't good enough")
- Clear passion for Ednovate's Mission
- Obsessive attention to detail
- Serviced-focused mentality
Interested candidates should begin the process by submitting an application through Ednovate's website at http://www.ednovate.org/careers.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. A comprehensive compensation plan will include a competitive benefits package.
Statement of Non-Discrimination
Ednovate does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.